Crazy story about a Dental Student that took 5 cycles to get in.

About the Ads

bluemoon27

5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2012
  1. Pre-Dental
    Wow man!! I thought I sucked and was feeling hopeless due to my GPA situation, but wow!! Teary eyed!! You had it so much more tougher than I did,I should just straight up stop complaining!! You 100% deserve that acceptance, you have a pure heart! So happy for you!! God Bless!!

PWNISHER

Roseman c/o 2017
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jun 25, 2008
    West Jordan, UT
    www.facebook.com
    1. Dental Student
      Wow man!! I thought I sucked and was feeling hopeless due to my GPA situation, but wow!! Teary eyed!! You had it so much more tougher than I did,I should just straight up stop complaining!! You 100% deserve that acceptance, you have a pure heart! So happy for you!! God Bless!!

Never feel hopeless. I mean as long as there are options of things you can do to make your application better then you still have a chance. Had I of completed the public health masters at that point I think I would of been done applying.

Reactions: 1 user

PWNISHER

Roseman c/o 2017
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jun 25, 2008
      West Jordan, UT
      www.facebook.com
      1. Dental Student
        I know it's frowned upon digging up dead posts. But I do not want to have to write this post all over again and I feel it is very necessary at this point in the cycle for some people to hear of others who have succeeded and never gave up. I am just about to finish my 2nd year in dental school and I've never been happier. I am just a couple of months from seeing my first patients and just think of all the people I've been able to help on SDN over the past 2 years since getting into dental school.

Reactions: 15 users

PWNISHER

Roseman c/o 2017
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jun 25, 2008
        West Jordan, UT
        www.facebook.com
        1. Dental Student
          One note about waiting so long to get in I gained a lot more overall dental experience that is paying off in sim Lab as well as some of the extra courses are making things more repetitive instead of brand new. It helps boost your confidence and makes school a bit less stressful overall. So if you are sitting around waiting, go do something to better prepare you for stuff to come. I think my time in Lab Tech school was the most valuable pre-dental school. I mean Dental anatomy and Occlusion were a breeze where everyone else it felt like a foreign language when we were first introduced to those subjects.

Reactions: 1 users

SES0112

7+ Year Member
          Mar 29, 2011
          1. Pre-Dental
            One note about waiting so long to get in I gained a lot more overall dental experience that is paying off in sim Lab as well as some of the extra courses are making things more repetitive instead of brand new. It helps boost your confidence and makes school a bit less stressful overall. So if you are sitting around waiting, go do something to better prepare you for stuff to come. I think my time in Lab Tech school was the most valuable pre-dental school. I mean Dental anatomy and Occlusion were a breeze where everyone else it felt like a foreign language when we were first introduced to those subjects.

Still think of your post! I just got in after my 5th cycle and cannot wait to start class in August. This makes me even more excited :)

Reactions: 1 users
            About the Ads

PWNISHER

Roseman c/o 2017
            10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Jun 25, 2008
            West Jordan, UT
            www.facebook.com
            1. Dental Student
              I know its an older thread, but the story is still very credible and with June 1st arriving and a lot of predents holding on to hope with their waitlist spots I like to be a bringer of hope to those on the edge deciding whether or not they want to continue going through the struggle of going through another year of the pain and suffering with applying and trying to be accepted into dental school.

Just another update that I currently have less than a year left of school and in the past year of treating my patients, it has all been worth it every struggle. My wife and family can see how much I enjoy what I do and are also feeling of that joy that as a husband and father I am doing something that I feel rewarding. I come home happy each day from what I do and that makes me reflect and know that the sacrifice and perseverance was all worth it.

I just hope those of you that keep going through this cycle every year that you are constantly improving your application and not just reapplying with the exact same everything expecting a different result. Best of luck to you all on this up coming cycle.

Reactions: 10 users

1passbbsSHAVE

Jun 27, 2015
              1. Dental Student
                I know its an older thread, but the story is still very credible and with June 1st arriving and a lot of predents holding on to hope with their waitlist spots I like to be a bringer of hope to those on the edge deciding whether or not they want to continue going through the struggle of going through another year of the pain and suffering with applying and trying to be accepted into dental school.

Just another update that I currently have less than a year left of school and in the past year of treating my patients, it has all been worth it every struggle. My wife and family can see how much I enjoy what I do and are also feeling of that joy that as a husband and father I am doing something that I feel rewarding. I come home happy each day from what I do and that makes me reflect and know that the sacrifice and perseverance was all worth it.

I just hope those of you that keep going through this cycle every year that you are constantly improving your application and not just reapplying with the exact same everything expecting a different result. Best of luck to you all on this up coming cycle.

this is exactly what I am missing from my life now. I am looking forward to feeling like this.
                Great story by the way! Should be stickied so more people can read it.

mroerdh22

5+ Year Member
                Jun 9, 2015
                1. Dental Student
                  Wow. I literally couldn't stop reading. I needed to read your story. This is my first cycle applying. I'm a non-traditional applicant with average scores and some pretty good life experience. But I've been worried that it won't be enough and what will I do if I don't get in. Your story is an inspiration that if you have a calling, you answer it... even if it is not in the timing you expect. Congrats on your success!

Shifff based

May 30, 2015

It was an honor to meet you yesterday! Truly an inspiration to many students that have not been through half of what you have. Enjoy your career in dentistry my friend, you've earned it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
                    May 26, 2015
                    1. Dental Student
                      Your story amazes me and makes me rethink my impatience and where my application is really at. I am speechless and congratulate you for being able to fight through all of this. If I don't get in this cycle; I'll reapply, retake classes, shadow more, whatever it takes!!!

PWNISHER

Roseman c/o 2017
                      10+ Year Member
                      7+ Year Member
                      Jun 25, 2008
                      West Jordan, UT
                      www.facebook.com
                      1. Dental Student
                        It was an honor to meet you yesterday! Truly an inspiration to many students that have not been through half of what you have. Enjoy your career in dentistry my friend, you've earned it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

I think it is awesome that every year I meet 1 or 2 people that have read my story on SDN.

About the Ads
                        This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        7. This thread is locked.