Crazy story about a Dental Student that took 5 cycles to get in.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You and your wife have such an amazing bond, it makes me envious.. Even more so because you're in dental school now :) Thank you for the wonderful story.

Great story! Very inspiring. Just goes to show that persistency and consistency def pays off! Congrats my friend!

Members don't see this ad :)
I read it all. Congratulations to you, your wife, and family. Persevere!

Wow man!! I thought I sucked and was feeling hopeless due to my GPA situation, but wow!! Teary eyed!! You had it so much more tougher than I did,I should just straight up stop complaining!! You 100% deserve that acceptance, you have a pure heart! So happy for you!! God Bless!!

Wow man!! I thought I sucked and was feeling hopeless due to my GPA situation, but wow!! Teary eyed!! You had it so much more tougher than I did,I should just straight up stop complaining!! You 100% deserve that acceptance, you have a pure heart! So happy for you!! God Bless!!

Never feel hopeless. I mean as long as there are options of things you can do to make your application better then you still have a chance. Had I of completed the public health masters at that point I think I would of been done applying.

Reactions: 1 user
I know it's frowned upon digging up dead posts. But I do not want to have to write this post all over again and I feel it is very necessary at this point in the cycle for some people to hear of others who have succeeded and never gave up. I am just about to finish my 2nd year in dental school and I've never been happier. I am just a couple of months from seeing my first patients and just think of all the people I've been able to help on SDN over the past 2 years since getting into dental school.

Reactions: 15 users
Wow, I actually read your entire post and all I can say is congrats, you very well EARNED it. Very good work my friend! Hope school is going awesome for you!

Congratulations. You are a great inspiration and you deserve your hard-earned spot in DS!

One note about waiting so long to get in I gained a lot more overall dental experience that is paying off in sim Lab as well as some of the extra courses are making things more repetitive instead of brand new. It helps boost your confidence and makes school a bit less stressful overall. So if you are sitting around waiting, go do something to better prepare you for stuff to come. I think my time in Lab Tech school was the most valuable pre-dental school. I mean Dental anatomy and Occlusion were a breeze where everyone else it felt like a foreign language when we were first introduced to those subjects.

Reactions: 1 users
What an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us :)

One note about waiting so long to get in I gained a lot more overall dental experience that is paying off in sim Lab as well as some of the extra courses are making things more repetitive instead of brand new. It helps boost your confidence and makes school a bit less stressful overall. So if you are sitting around waiting, go do something to better prepare you for stuff to come. I think my time in Lab Tech school was the most valuable pre-dental school. I mean Dental anatomy and Occlusion were a breeze where everyone else it felt like a foreign language when we were first introduced to those subjects.

Still think of your post! I just got in after my 5th cycle and cannot wait to start class in August. This makes me even more excited :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The dean of admissions at my school likes to tell pre-dents a story about a student that got in on his 5th or 6th time applying. He is now an OMFS resident.

Wow, truly inspiring. I am glad you got in, you will be an amazing dentist.

This is seriously the most inspiring story I've read on here, congrats PWNISHER!!!

I genuinely hope you succeed! :)

Dang now this is the definition of commitment. Cheers to a successful career in dentistry.

I know its an older thread, but the story is still very credible and with June 1st arriving and a lot of predents holding on to hope with their waitlist spots I like to be a bringer of hope to those on the edge deciding whether or not they want to continue going through the struggle of going through another year of the pain and suffering with applying and trying to be accepted into dental school.

Just another update that I currently have less than a year left of school and in the past year of treating my patients, it has all been worth it every struggle. My wife and family can see how much I enjoy what I do and are also feeling of that joy that as a husband and father I am doing something that I feel rewarding. I come home happy each day from what I do and that makes me reflect and know that the sacrifice and perseverance was all worth it.

I just hope those of you that keep going through this cycle every year that you are constantly improving your application and not just reapplying with the exact same everything expecting a different result. Best of luck to you all on this up coming cycle.

Reactions: 10 users
Soon to be a Dr. PWNISHER.

congratulations again!. your story seemed very scary :)

I know its an older thread, but the story is still very credible and with June 1st arriving and a lot of predents holding on to hope with their waitlist spots I like to be a bringer of hope to those on the edge deciding whether or not they want to continue going through the struggle of going through another year of the pain and suffering with applying and trying to be accepted into dental school.

Just another update that I currently have less than a year left of school and in the past year of treating my patients, it has all been worth it every struggle. My wife and family can see how much I enjoy what I do and are also feeling of that joy that as a husband and father I am doing something that I feel rewarding. I come home happy each day from what I do and that makes me reflect and know that the sacrifice and perseverance was all worth it.

I just hope those of you that keep going through this cycle every year that you are constantly improving your application and not just reapplying with the exact same everything expecting a different result. Best of luck to you all on this up coming cycle.

this is exactly what I am missing from my life now. I am looking forward to feeling like this.
Great story by the way! Should be stickied so more people can read it.

Wow. I literally couldn't stop reading. I needed to read your story. This is my first cycle applying. I'm a non-traditional applicant with average scores and some pretty good life experience. But I've been worried that it won't be enough and what will I do if I don't get in. Your story is an inspiration that if you have a calling, you answer it... even if it is not in the timing you expect. Congrats on your success!

It was an honor to meet you yesterday! Truly an inspiration to many students that have not been through half of what you have. Enjoy your career in dentistry my friend, you've earned it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Your story amazes me and makes me rethink my impatience and where my application is really at. I am speechless and congratulate you for being able to fight through all of this. If I don't get in this cycle; I'll reapply, retake classes, shadow more, whatever it takes!!!

It was an honor to meet you yesterday! Truly an inspiration to many students that have not been through half of what you have. Enjoy your career in dentistry my friend, you've earned it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

I think it is awesome that every year I meet 1 or 2 people that have read my story on SDN.