Crazy Story!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveMyRam

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was workin my normal pharmacy hours last night...for those of you edgin to know out there, yes i'm pre-med but i figure i should get a taste of stuff outside of our realm...anyways, i was working the drop off counter, when around 10:00 pm a high school kid comes in with his buddy with a legal prescription for hydrocodone. The problem was the doage was all off? How would i know might you ask? It stated this exactly "1 package of vicodin generic." WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION?
As for me, the minute I saw the prescription I busted out laughing in the kids face! However!!, I lead him on just to see how he got the prescription and a hold of a doctor's DEA number. Turns out daddy is a big time doctor here, and had no idea what was going on after i called him. When the kid asked me who i was on the phone with, I just said we ran out and i'm calling someone workin stock. After i was done, i told him i was just talking to his dad. He asked me how I got his number and I told him that I was his stalker. He started to believe me after I told him where he lived and his date of birth (patient profile on our database). After that I told him cops where on the way and he should get going, and if he ever tried that on me again, i would be inclined to fight him. (I know I know i took it to far, shame on me, but seeing as how my 2 weeks notice was in, i didn't really care about the repercussions). Any input or similar stories?

Members don't see this ad.

I was workin my normal pharmacy hours last night...for those of you edgin to know out there, yes i'm pre-med but i figure i should get a taste of stuff outside of our realm...anyways, i was working the drop off counter, when around 10:00 pm a high school kid comes in with his buddy with a legal prescription for hydrocodone. The problem was the doage was all off? How would i know might you ask? It stated this exactly "1 package of vicodin generic." WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION?
As for me, the minute I saw the prescription I busted out laughing in the kids face! However!!, I lead him on just to see how he got the prescription and a hold of a doctor's DEA number. Turns out daddy is a big time doctor here, and had no idea what was going on after i called him. When the kid asked me who i was on the phone with, I just said we ran out and i'm calling someone workin stock. After i was done, i told him i was just talking to his dad. He asked me how I got his number and I told him that I was his stalker. He started to believe me after I told him where he lived and his date of birth (patient profile on our database). After that I told him cops where on the way and he should get going, and if he ever tried that on me again, i would be inclined to fight him. (I know I know i took it to far, shame on me, but seeing as how my 2 weeks notice was in, i didn't really care about the repercussions). Any input or similar stories?

Should have dropped a few baby tylenol into a pill bottle and acted like it was the real deal. I bet he still would have pretended to be "tripping" off of a handful of nothing...lol

Should have dropped a few baby tylenol into a pill bottle and acted like it was the real deal. I bet he still would have pretended to be "tripping" off of a handful of nothing...lol
Ahahahaha, that'd be so funny.:laugh: "Oh duuuuuude, I got, like, sooooo high last night, man!":laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
It bothers me that, although you had your fun, the kid basically got away with trying. Was that a typo, or did you really not even fill his father in on what was going on? You enjoyed playing a game on him, but didn't report him? I think you probably reacted like many would want to, but could have unfortunately set yourself up for trouble. It sounds like you had great fun, and I understand the urge to share the moment, but sharing on a public forum is probably not the wisest action. You might consider editing (meaning erasing) most of your post and reducing the chance that this will come back to bite you. Sorry to rain on your parade.

This was in Tampa??? PM me, but I'm curious where exactly this was. Was it CVS by USF?? The one on 30th street by any chance???

My friends used to work over there. One of them ended up moving out of state after her marriage, however, so she transferred to a CVS in her new city. I wonder if we know each other.

It bothers me that, although you had your fun, the kid basically got away with trying. Was that a typo, or did you really not even fill his father in on what was going on? You enjoyed playing a game on him, but didn't report him? I think you probably reacted like many would want to, but could have unfortunately set yourself up for trouble. It sounds like you had great fun, and I understand the urge to share the moment, but sharing on a public forum is probably not the wisest action. You might consider editing (meaning erasing) most of your post and reducing the chance that this will come back to bite you. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Hey sorry I didn't fill you in on everything...didn't really think anyone would care. His dad figured out what was goin on and said he would deal with him when he got home...i knew it was his dad because i've talked to him on the phone before about other patients. He also begged me not to call the cops because i would ruin his future, and I agreed. However I gave the prescription to the police when they came and they have it on file in case it happens again. Everything I did was fine with my pharmacist, so I'm straight.

But i'm concerned why you'd wanna see him get in trouble? A lot of us have made mistakes when were in high school ... it happens, thats how you learn.. The cops even told me when they came, they would have scared him and let him off the hook. Sorry if you're offended but those are my opinions.

Hey sorry I didn't fill you in on everything...didn't really think anyone would care. His dad figured out what was goin on and said he would deal with him when he got home...i knew it was his dad because i've talked to him on the phone before about other patients. He also begged me not to call the cops because i would ruin his future, and I agreed. However I gave the prescription to the police when they came and they have it on file in case it happens again. Everything I did was fine with my pharmacist, so I'm straight.

But i'm concerned why you'd wanna see him get in trouble? A lot of us have made mistakes when were in high school ... it happens, thats how you learn.. The cops even told me when they came, they would have scared him and let him off the hook. Sorry if you're offended but those are my opinions.

Would you still have let him off the hook if he was some inner city kid who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks?

Lol if i was you i would have asked the dad if you could work in his office, and give you a really good lor. If not well his son could go to jail;) lol j/k

Would you still have let him off the hook if he was some inner city kid who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks?

Is this and other comments like this turning this thread into a moralist/altruist/racism or whatever thread truly necessary? Come on, does no one have a sense of humor on SDN. Or is everyone so uptight that they can't appreciate a story without highlighting it and taking notes and asking inane questions of the sort you find in premed classes. I am in no way trying to attack you personally or anyone else; I'm just saying chill out guys it's summer geez. It isn't always about competition and attacking others to try to get ahead. If it had been an inner city kid with a parent writing the prescription then yes, he/she may have very well acted the same way. If it were not the same situation, how can he/she predict how he/she would have acted? Wow. OP, I for one thought the story was funny and that the kid didn't need some sort of jail sentence and his dad didn't need his license revoked b/c of this incident. We all make mistakes, as you said.

I'm sure the kid probably didn't get off completely free of punishment. I know if my kid ever tried anything like that I'd put him in a world of hurt. I'd try to keep him out of legal trouble, the same way this father did, but when he got home he'd have a whole different breed of trouble to get out of, which is almost worse. :smuggrin:

He also begged me not to call the cops because i would ruin his future,

The privilege of being privileged!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:
LOCK HIS A$$ UP!!!! SCARED STRAIGHT M/F!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
He should meet Tyrone Bigums:laugh::laugh:

Ahahahaha, that'd be so funny.:laugh: "Oh duuuuuude, I got, like, sooooo high last night, man!":laugh:

During my freshman year of college there was a kid who lived on my floor who seemed to always get "drunk." We knew he was probably faking it 99% of the time because he didn't like the liquor which he was always pretending to be getting wasted from. Well, one night we gave him a TON of O'Douls in a cup and that is all he was drinking and sure enough, he pretended like he was absolutely wasted.

During my freshman year of college there was a kid who lived on my floor who seemed to always get "drunk." We knew he was probably faking it 99% of the time because he didn't like the liquor which he was always pretending to be getting wasted from. Well, one night we gave him a TON of O'Douls in a cup and that is all he was drinking and sure enough, he pretended like he was absolutely wasted.

If the kid had a really low tolerance its possible that he actually was drunk of a TON of O'Douls, its still 0.5% alcohol, regular beer being like 4% thats not an insignificant amount if he had enough. But I'm sure he was still a pretty big tool.

Not to high-jack the thread...(I think you handled the situation well OP)... but I have a fun O-Doul's story to relate.

SO, back about 10 years ago I used to travel using my Dad's access to the airline clubrooms. THose are the rooms at airports where members can wait for their flights away from the unwashed masses. They always have an open wet bar in these places so anticipating a long boring flight and with time to kill, I jumped in and grabbed a beer (and dont worry your tighty whiteys, I was of age). Matter of fact, I downed a few with growing consternation at a lack of expected effect on my motor skills. At the time I lived up high in the rockies, so I attributed the situation to altitude training. Just before the flight, I finally took a little more interest in what I was drinking. Yep, O'Douls.:smuggrin:

Not only was I not buzzed, but I had the worst gas during the entire flight.:laugh:

Speaking of not expecting what would result of your motor skills.... Whe nI broke my arm two years ago, the doc in the ER wrote me a prescription of percocet. This being an ER next to FSU, and Fsu being the greatest school ever... he strictly warned me no drinking while on the meds...this was before I got into vertebrate physiology. Next night, popped a pill and two beers....STRAIGHT CHILLIN. I had no idea how much an effect it had...I was literally blind and ******ed.

Speaking of not expecting what would result of your motor skills.... Whe nI broke my arm two years ago, the doc in the ER wrote me a prescription of percocet. This being an ER next to FSU, and Fsu being the greatest school ever... he strictly warned me no drinking while on the meds...this was before I got into vertebrate physiology. Next night, popped a pill and two beers....STRAIGHT CHILLIN. I had no idea how much an effect it had...I was literally blind and ******ed.

:laugh:

Well now... There is your problem Ram; two beers. You overdosed. 1 beer and a percocet, and you will have the best, most refreshing nights sleep possible. :rolleyes:

Is this and other comments like this turning this thread into a moralist/altruist/racism or whatever thread truly necessary? Come on, does no one have a sense of humor on SDN. Or is everyone so uptight that they can't appreciate a story without highlighting it and taking notes and asking inane questions of the sort you find in premed classes. I am in no way trying to attack you personally or anyone else; I'm just saying chill out guys it's summer geez. It isn't always about competition and attacking others to try to get ahead. If it had been an inner city kid with a parent writing the prescription then yes, he/she may have very well acted the same way. If it were not the same situation, how can he/she predict how he/she would have acted? Wow. OP, I for one thought the story was funny and that the kid didn't need some sort of jail sentence and his dad didn't need his license revoked b/c of this incident. We all make mistakes, as you said.

amen.

:thumbup:

I totally agree with you and how you handled it. Kids try stupid stuff.