• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Crazy whacky AACOMAS question

DD214_DOC

Army
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
  1. Attending Physician
    Hey, I was reading a thread in pre-allo about how AMCAS standardizes grades. It was suggested that basically the grade on your transcript is the grade you get when you apply.

My school has the plus system but not the minus, so a B+ = 3.50. It was suggested that a 3.50 will be used when calculating my GPA instead of a 3.30. Can anyone confirm or deny this, because it changes both of my GPAs by a crapload since I have a lot of +'s.

Robz

La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 3, 2003
    Drinking Texas Tea
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I honestly can't remember what I put down for my pluses. I think AMCAS does that for you automatically. I remember it being funky cause here at UT a B+ is a 3.5 but at the University of Albany a B+ is a 3.3 and an A- is a 3.7. Your right...it does make a big difference. You might want to check out when you put your gades in the quality points it give you. Either that or call them.

About the Ads
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.