create amcas profile-transcript ? I am confused.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thanks_sdn_2005

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone:

amcas accepts transcript sometime in May and then the amcas accept application in early June.

My questions is:

Do I "create" an account in amcas website first and then send in my transcripts during the month of May and finally file my amcas application in early June ?
I am confused...
Can anyone please give me some info. about the steps for the amcas application's procedures:

thanks everyone.

Mr. confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Begin working on your AMCAS application first, even earlier than "sometime in May". There, you'll find "transcript request forms" for you to turn in to your school. Turn THESE forms in as soon as AMCAS starts accepting transcripts, then finish your application by June and you are good to go.

The June date for AMCAS is for SUBMITTING the application, but you can (and should) start working on it well before then.

For me it was easier said than done... submitted AMCAS in early september. Try to avoid this by starting early.

You can start working on your personal statement at any time - I think that's usually where most people procrastinate (not to mention it takes a long time to revise and rework something to an acceptable level of quality for submission).

Also, as soon as you get grades for your spring semester courses, request transcripts from all the schools you've attended - in addition to the transcripts you send to AMCAS - just for your personal use. When you fill out the course information on the AMCAS application, you'll need to know the course name, number, and the grade you received. (So having a personal copy of all your transcripts helps immensely.)

You can also begin to compile a list of your extracurricular activities, honors/awards, publications, relevant medical experience, leadership positions, etc. There is a section on the AMCAS app. for about fifteen of these "Postsecondary Experiences" you've had, and you're expected to write a short description of each activity/honor. This section is important in showcasing yourself to the adcoms.