Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Creating a balance between working full time and MCAT studying

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by ThatNerdyKid, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. ThatNerdyKid

ThatNerdyKid

Pre-Medical, Psychology Student
    I recently started working full time as an intraoperative neuromonitoring technologist in the OR which has stalled my attempts to study for the MCAT. Some days my job requires me to drive to different hospitals to assist with 10-12 hour surgeries. The drive is always around 1 and a half hours, making those days last from 4am-9pm(ish). I know the job is an excellent experience and will build my application tremendously, but I have neglected studying for the MCAT.

Does anyone have any advice on how to balance studying for the MCAT, working full time, getting enough sleep, and maintaining a social life? I'm looking at taking the MCAT in the fall to apply for next year's cycle.

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. csx

csx 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    You got to budget your time by making the necessary sacrifices to what you do now. You can't do everything. Sounds to me you're gonna have to sacrifice your social life for a summer (BOO-HOO in the long run) and or cut back on the hours if you are able to. This is not a suggestion, this is a must.

ThatNerdyKid likes this.
  4. ThatNerdyKid

ThatNerdyKid

Pre-Medical, Psychology Student
    Do you have any tips on staying focused?

About the ads