Creating a Systems Based Study Schedule coming from Subject based curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

77ridgeway

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to put together a study schedule for step I. At a rapid review authors panel it was recommended to approach the boards through a systems based approach. I'm coming from a school whose curriculum is subject based. Is there any advice on how to create a schedule that is comprehensive? I'm afraid that I won't be efficient in this approach since my experience is subject based.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about to put together a study schedule for step I. At a rapid review authors panel it was recommended to approach the boards through a systems based approach. I'm coming from a school whose curriculum is subject based. Is there any advice on how to create a schedule that is comprehensive? I'm afraid that I won't be efficient in this approach since my experience is subject based.

I would recommend that you read the Kaplan Home Study series (which is system-based). I used these books, and found them detailed and comprehensive. it saved me having to jump between different books/resources when studying a certain organ system.