Credit Card Submission Error...DO NOT REPEAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EricOH

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...well AMCAS is gobbling up our money big time. If you are done filling out your application and are on the last section, certification/submission...be careful. I have had this problem since monday. After entering my credit card data, checking the box, typing my password and pressing submit..I always get an error saying something about "-1" and a positive integer, etc. Do not repeat this too many times. The credit cards I were using have been charged 6 times for one, and 26 times for the other. This is going to be a big pain! Be careful folks. Please give the people who have been having problems any hints on how to get through the submission/certification process.

EVEN THOUGH...I have been charged 32 times over on my credit cards...my application still hasn't been sent. My designate med schools section still shows I owe money. My print application webpage says I certified my application, but there is still no date of submission. ARGH!!! :mad: Help us out anyone. Thanks a bunch!

Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Do NOT trust the print application. I learned that lesson tonight.

dont worry about hte printout...it has so many errors...

just contact amcas and ask them directly....that is if you get pass through mariah's singing..... :D :rolleyes: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same problem. I would suggest that instead of calling AMCAS, call your credit card company. AMCAS told me they did not charge me when I got the first error message so I assumed I should keep trying. When I called my credit card company, they said I had been charged six times. They did say that it will probably only show up once on my bill if AMCAS only submits the paperwork to them once.

The AMCAS "help" person (who was very nice, by the way - but not too helpful) told me to submit an email asking for my application status with the words "web application status" as the title to find out if it was submitted or not. She said they would respond quickly. Well, it's been two days and no response yet. I'm not surprised.

What happened to this supposed automated phone system? It would be nice for checking easy stuff like whether it was submitted or not. Ah well...

So, I know I've been charged. I don't know if my application has been submitted. When I log in to check it, I have to go through the whole certification process again and it says I still owe money.

Hope this helps someone.

Pam

Hey all. Well I think it is finally done. I called AMCAS this morning, waited forever and I think I got my application submitted. I called to ask them to call my credit card companies, and to ask them about the -1 positive integer error. The lady was nice enough to logon onto the website from her company and enter all my credit card information. And you know what...on her first try it worked!! Amazing! I was very much relieved when she told me it went through. I also gave her my credit card info so that one of their people can fix the overcharge problem. However, heed what other people have said already....DO NOT rely on the print application webpage. I have gotten confirmation over the phone that my application has been sent, my designate med school page says $0, I can't modify my essay and the certification/submission box is still unchecked. I think I will hold my faith on those facts. Take care and best of luck!!