Credit Hours /Semester @Pharm School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighSpeed

Cool Nursing
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard rumours that at Pharm school you take up to 21 hours per semester. From those of you currently in, or have been to Pharm school is this for real? If so how do you go about earning money? What kind of jobs or job schedule do you recommend for someone just getting into Pharm school

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose it would depend on the school. Each school has a different curriculum. Most schools that I am looking at have about 17-19 per semester. Right now, I'm carrying 21 as an undergraduate and still finding time to work. I'm talking Organic Chem II, Physics II, Biochemistry, Microbiology, A&P I and have a directed study/research project. It can be done as long as you don't mind working hard.

So how many hours did you work?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by HighSpeed
So how many hours did you work?

I work 7-10 hours per week as a math tutor and another 3-4 hours per week doing computer program modifications for a software development company. I'm good at progamming, I just find it boring.

Dana

The 21 hours/semester thing is definitely true.... just not on a continual basis. Most of our semesters average 18 hours/semester. PD3 students will be at 21 hours/semester this year, as Therapeutics alone is a 13 hour class. It can be done. Pharmacy school is a bit different than undergrad. Its not as bad as it sounds.