Creighton Accept/Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-Med-Guru

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many are on here that got accepted to Creighton?
How many are on here that are on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the LONGlist at Creighton, It is my number one choice.

interviewed feb 13th accepted feb 18th...quick turnaround.

very impressed with the school and the students...waiting to hear from one more school before I decide if I'm off to Omaha!

Members don't see this ad :)
desertdr said:
interviewed feb 13th accepted feb 18th...quick turnaround.

very impressed with the school and the students...waiting to hear from one more school before I decide if I'm off to Omaha!

What other school are you waiting for? Congratulations on Creighton :)

Does anyone know how many people got in off the waitlist last year at Creighton.

Thanks,

I'm waiting to hear from Rush.

I know that a lot of M1s and M2s that I talked to at Creighton were from the waitlist so there is definitely lots of waitlist movement. good luck and maybe I'll see you all this fall!

WL by creighton as well. Since the list is not ranked I think its difficult to predict ones chances of making it off the list...Creightons my #1 choice

I'm also waitlisted at Creighton.

It sure would be nice to get in there so I could stay kinda close to home :cool:

Why? Why is it everyone's first choice? Why?

Megalofyia said:
Why? Why is it everyone's first choice? Why?

cuz there's so much to do in Nebraska!

what about Montana and Idaho? There's plenty to do in those places too. Not to mention western parts of Cananda.

:laugh:

sure is...

too bad those states don't have medical schools :(

I am officially joining this thread - I too am on the Creighton WL. Anyone know how many of us there are???

My guess probably around 300+. As they say very few people get rejected if they get interviewed by Creighton. Someone said/posted that 87% of people who interview at Creighton get in somewhere else. That is why the wlist is sooooo LAARRGGEE. Personally Creighton was the best place I interviewd at, and it is my number 1 choice, I also luv the Omaha skyline.

Any estimate on how many people get in off the waitlist?

600 people interview at CU
10% get rejected. we have 540 possible candidates.
540 minus 120 acceptances, leaves 420 on the waitlist.

They say that 87% of people who interview at CU get in somewhere else. Of those 600 interviewed 522 get in somewhere else.

We have 540 people who get an acceptance or get packaged onto the LIST.
We have 120 acceptances, leaves 420 on waitlist. Half from both groups leave since they don't enjoy CU b-ball and the remodeled Omaha skyline or just want to go to a "better" school.
Leaves 60 M1 and 210 possible bluejays. So that leaves 150 waitlisters. Not the best statistics. However this is ALL SPECULATION, DO NOT PUT MUCH EMPHASIS ON THESE NUMBERS.

I hope nobody wants their 2 minutes back........

Interesting estimation Subscap, Cu does have a very long wlist, it moves alot tough. run it by Dr. Nipper and see what he says. J/K.

I got off the waitlist last year. I interviewed the last week of interviews and was accepted on July 2nd. I did have to sweat it out, but everything has turned out great. There is a lot of movement on the waitlist, I'd say a little more than half of the class came off of it, but as Dr. Nipper states way more are offered acceptances than that.

For those interested, the addition to the Criss Complex (the "medical school" building) is almost complete and will be open in time for classes next fall :D . Also for all of you future M1's, the new anatomy labs are nearing completion. I got a tour from the faculty and I have to tell you guys are going to be spoiled! There are going to be flat screen TV's in the lab so you can watch Dr. Quinn (the anatomy course director) do prosections prior to lab and way too many other upgrades to mention, kinda makes me wish I was taking gross next year!