Creighton Applicants -secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vmgopal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To All Creighton interested SDNers!!!

What are you impressed about at Creighton? What makes it unique and what makes you glad you choose it over other med schools?

Some questions I have:
-Are there clinical experiences during the first 2 years?
-Are there international rotations during years 3 and 4?
-Curriculum advice?
-Any special programs or seminars that enhance you becoming a well rounded doctor?

I know we only have 250 words on the secondary so its good to choose our reasons on WHY CREIGHTON wisely!

Thank You!!!

Members don't see this ad.

vmgopal said:
To All Creighton interested SDNers!!!

What are you impressed about at Creighton? What makes it unique and what makes you glad you choose it over other med schools?

Some questions I have:
-Curriculum advice?
-Any special programs or seminars that enhance you becoming a well rounded doctor?

I know we only have 250 words on the secondary so its good to choose our reasons on WHY CREIGHTON wisely!

Thank You!!!

I cant answer your question, but I was wondering if anyone has sent in their creighton secondary? If so, did you ever get a confirmation back from them?

I emailed mine to them several weeks ago and have never heard back since.

jillibean said:
I cant answer your question, but I was wondering if anyone has sent in their creighton secondary? If so, did you ever get a confirmation back from them?

I'm in the same boat. I mailed mine in a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. I actually filled out one of their 'requests for application status' forms, and they responded, but they thought I was a 2006 applicant. I haven't heard anything from them after they realized I was a 2007 applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
OofWillis said:
I'm in the same boat. I mailed mine in a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. I actually filled out one of their 'requests for application status' forms, and they responded, but they thought I was a 2006 applicant. I haven't heard anything from them after they realized I was a 2007 applicant.

Wait.... you mailed it? I thought it said to email the essay and mail the check (at least that is what I did--although it seemed a little strange). Did I misread something?

jillibean said:
Wait.... you mailed it? I thought it said to email the essay and mail the check (at least that is what I did--although it seemed a little strange). Did I misread something?

Yeah, sorry! I knew I mailed something in to them, but got confused with another secondary.

I guess I'm not too surprised I haven't heard anything back. They just received my check on 7-26. Hopefully I'll at least get an acknowledgement in the next day or two.

I'm in the same boat, too. I mailed mine on 6/30 and they just cashed my check on 7/25. I haven't heard a peep from them.

did any of u guys get an email telling you to fill out their 2ndary? i havent heard anything from them since my primary and i was verified several weeks ago...

nope, I just filled it out online.

BILAL said:
did any of u guys get an email telling you to fill out their 2ndary? i havent heard anything from them since my primary and i was verified several weeks ago...

I emailed their admissions office, and they told me I could go ahead and fill out the secondary. I guess they just aren't sending out emails. Doesn't seem like they're on the ball.

OofWillis said:
I emailed their admissions office, and they told me I could go ahead and fill out the secondary. I guess they just aren't sending out emails. Doesn't seem like they're on the ball.

quite a few schools just have the secondaries up on the website for all to access. i don't think they aren't on the ball, i think they planned it that way.

jillibean said:

Same situation for me. It sure hasn't stopped them from cashing the check I sent...

Can we please get back on topic??? :) Sorry i dont know why creighton is takign a long time to acknowledge the reciept of secondaries... :(

Some questions I have:
-Curriculum advice?

Thank You!!!

vmgopal said:
Can we please get back on topic??? :) Sorry i dont know why creighton is takign a long time to acknowledge the reciept of secondaries... :(

Some questions I have:
-Curriculum advice?

Thank You!!!

You might want to post this in the creighton allopathic thread cause I'm sure they prob know best how to answer your questions.

um.......it's jesuit. thats why i applied. been at jesuit schools for 8 years, thought i would continue the run to 12. i really don't know much other than that. i have a family friend there who loves it though.

Shejeboshease said:
there is no essay requirement for creighton? just the photo?

250 word "why us?" essay

Yeah i posted this question in the Med students/Allopathic forum and there have been no takers after a day :( :eek: so i gave it a try here

I e-mailed Creighton and asked them about my secondary, and they said they have received it, that they are sorry they haven't responded, and that they are busy finishing up admissions for the Class of 2010.

So... don't worry about it...

As for OP, check out MSAR, website, and look for things you like. I'm sure that is all anyone has done... unless they are from Omaha

vmgopal said:
Can we please get back on topic??? :)

Some questions I have:
-Curriculum advice?

Thank You!!!

Sorry to attack ya but your "CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC" makes it look like someone is trying to get out of doing their homework for their secondaries. This is like saying how come you want to be a doctor? I only have 5300 characters on my personal statement to explain why I want to be a doctor and I need to choose my reasons for this desire wisely. Your black and white questions that you bulleted can be answered by calling the school but only YOU can explain why YOU are impressed by their school or why YOU think they have something unique to offer.