Creighton Orientation dress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klebsiella

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stupid question...we got an email from CU stating they wanted buisness professional for the first day of orientation. I know business prof. (in most circles) means a suit but I dont have one here in Omaha (still in process of moving) and I am not going to buy one for one day. Would it be ok to wear gauchos, a button up and heels? OR black dress pants and button up? I dont want to be out of place my first day.

THANKS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

klebsiella said:
Stupid question...we got an email from CU stating they wanted buisness professional for the first day of orientation. I know business prof. (in most circles) means a suit but I dont have one here in Omaha (still in process of moving) and I am not going to buy one for one day. Would it be ok to wear gauchos, a button up and heels? OR black dress pants and button up? I dont want to be out of place my first day.

THANKS!!!

Do you have a nice dress you could wear? I think a nice even semi-casual dress would look more professional than gauchos. Also you could get a dress for relatively cheap at a discount store like Ross, TJ Maxx, etc and not be out a lot of money. I know suits are very expensive. Just my $.02

klebsiella said:

THANKS!!!

Hey Klebsiella,

I just got back from the web-based orientation and basically what I wore the first day was a nice white blouse, a pair of black slacks and nice but comfortable shoes. The reason why they say "business professional" is because you will be taking two head shot photos first thing that morning (one for your student id and the other for a class composite picture). Only maybe one or two females actually wore business suits (skirts and all). I am glad that I didn't wear a business suit because again it was just a head shot and we then went on a tour of the campus and it was really hot outside and we did quite a bit of walking. My advise is to wear a nice blouse, nice earrings and/or necklace and you will be fine. Also if they use the same background that they used on us, it was a grey background so maybe that will help with your color selection.

Have fun at your orientation!