Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horseygirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello and Congratulations to the first members of Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2012!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to Web-based program. Can't wait for orientation week. :clap:

I am very happy to be joining the accepted members of the distance program class of 2012! I expect great things from me, from you, my classmates, and from Creighton. We are going to do amazing things together! Welcome to all -- and let the journey begin...okay, on August 4th then.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten any additional information regarding the upcoming school year. Is August 4 distance orientation?

I was wondering the same thing, will orientation week begin on August 4th? Also, does anyone know when we will actually begin classes?

Hello comrades! I was just curios if I was the only campus based student on our blog so far. . . I'm lonely :( Haha, j/k, anyone gonna be on campus with me in the fall?

Hello comrades! I was just curios if I was the only campus based student on our blog so far. . . I'm lonely :( Haha, j/k, anyone gonna be on campus with me in the fall?

Nope, I'm accepted into the campus pathway too and will be starting this fall as well. I can't wait! After checking out Omaha during interview weekend, I feel even better about choosing the campus pathway!

I was wondering the same thing, will orientation week begin on August 4th? Also, does anyone know when we will actually begin classes?

On the spahp web site for the summer calendar, I found 8/4-8/9 is orientation ("welcome week") for the distance program. (Also, FYI, there's a fall break Oct 18-27th FYI. The spahp web site is very helpful (though not intuitive) -- you can even see what classes and exams our supportive p1s and above have going. -- check here: Creighton spahp web, for welcome week info, follow the links "current students," "academic success," "fall classes," "welcome week." Enjoy. Classes start 8/18 -- under "fall classes" above.

I'm in!!! (insert sigh of relief here) I called admissions and asked if they could tell me, as it has been over 3 weeks with no letter. I too am so pleased to be a part of such a wonderful group of students! this is the begining to a great and challenging chapter in our lives!! See you all in august and great job to all!!!

WELCOME!!! Glad to see that the letter delay didn't mean anything consequential. :D Did they figure out why a handful of people never received theirs?? That's so odd.

Congrats everyone! I'm looking forward to meeting you all on Aug. 4. I'm glad to see the distance class already communicating! Let's keep in touch!

Just some more Congratulations to all who recently recieved thier Great News! I'm still so excited!!

I heard a national news report a few days ago that federal loan money is first come first serve and all the parents of high school students around the nation are busily completing FAFSA forms for their kids now that they have submitted their taxes.
So if you haven't already, its probably wise for all of us who need aid to get applications submitted ASAP. If you are a returning student and have had federal loans before don't request a new PIN...they should still have your PIN on record, as they found mine from 1997. :)
I have also found that the scholarships I would like to apply for have fast approaching deadlines. Time to get busy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we will receive our "package" from Creighton :confused: For some reason I thoght they said March/April, but I may be confusing this with another school. Thanks ahead for any input!

Hi again everyone,
I know I'm in but am still without a letter... supposedly it's coming, but can anyone tell me when is the deadline to accept their offer and pay the deposit?
Greatly appreciate your help.

It is within 30 days of "the date of this letter". I was in the first round and the date on mine was February 6, 2008. So my deposit would be due on March 7,2008. I imagine that this is the earliest of due dates so don't stress out yet, just keep that in mind. If you get to the point where you think the letter got lost in the mail or something, you should probably give them a call to check in with them. . . Especially if your name shows up in the search!

On another note, I had a question of my own. I did the academic update thing through pharmcas a few weeks before my acceptance letter came in the mail. In the update I added my "classes in progress" for spring 08. Of the 3 classes I am in this semester, none are pre reqs for Creighton. 2 were pre reqs for other schools I was applying to, and 1 was just an easy gpa booster. Now that I am accepted (and Creighton was my 1st choice) I want to drop one of the classes. How should I go about this? Do I need to let them know? I know they accept students assuming everything they have been told so far. Ex: If you say you will be completing a BA degree in June, they accept you, then you don't finish the BA, then they can dismiss you. Would my 1 class fall into that category? I hope not, I'd really like to just kinda take it easy this semester. I'm already working 40 hrs per week. The 3 classes on top of that makes life a little exhausting.

Gracie, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I show up in the directory, and I do know I'm in, and I'm going to give them another call on Monday. I just thought I'd survey to see if the info in PharmCAS is still correct.

As for dropping a class, I don't know... would it look bad? I was thinking about that too. If I were you, I'd definitely give them a call before dropping. Tell them your whole situation, that you're working 40 hrs, and they might be understanding. I'm taking extra classes too, but I think I'm just going to stick them out- I have just over 2 months until the end of the semester.

Does anyone know when we will receive our "package" from Creighton :confused: For some reason I thoght they said March/April, but I may be confusing this with another school. Thanks ahead for any input!

You need to apply to FAFSA first. They get your number, pass it along to Creighton, then Creighton will take a couple of weeks, depending on how busy they are. In total, count on 3 weeks-ish.

Just got my acceptance letter to the distance program in the mailbox today. Oh happy day!

Congrats to the newly accepted. Isn't is an awesome feeling to finally have something you have worked so long and hard on become a reality? Looking forward to the next 4 years with all of you. :D

Congrats to the newly accepted. Isn't is an awesome feeling to finally have something you have worked so long and hard on become a reality? Looking forward to the next 4 years with all of you. :D

It does feel awesome!

Hey everyone, someone started a facebook group for the
Creighton Pharmacy distance class of 2012...
www.facebook.com and search for "creighton pharmacy"
You have to first join the Creighton network on facebook in order to join the group.

Anyone here use myspace? I'm not on facebook but am on myspace. Let me know and maybe I can start one there. :idea:

I was accepted to the distance pathway for 2012! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Anyone here use myspace? I'm not on facebook but am on myspace. Let me know and maybe I can start one there. :idea:

hi guys! Congrats to all of the recent additions!!! It's great to see the group growing. I'm eager to get to orientation to meet everyone.

I too have a myspace account. I have a facebook acct. as well, but no info or pics yet. Will try to get some up. Let me know if anyone starts a myspace group!

Creighton Web-Based Pharmacy Class of 2012

Wow! One out of 55! It's very good to see others sharing such excitement! If you are a member of Facebook, I recommened joining the Creighton network just as you joined your previous city, university, or high school network. Once you are a member of the Creighton network, go ahead and search "Creighton Pharmacy" and locate the Web-Based group of 2012.

http://creighton.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10316979781

There is the actual link. The group is only open to Creighton students obviously because they're the ones in the program :). It should be a great tool for students in the program to share experiences, photos, etc. with their classmates. Hope to see you there...here...and anywere else we can via the web...after all...we're web based students!

Welcome and Congratulations to the new class members! :thumbup:
Distance class...There are only 55 of us so should we limit our communication venues to just a few so we stay tight and limit redundancy of information? I'm very new to online forums/facebook/myspace so possibly I'm the only one who might get overwhelmed:)?
Any advice from current distance students?

hi guys! Congrats to all of the recent additions!!! It's great to see the group growing. I'm eager to get to orientation to meet everyone.

I too have a myspace account. I have a facebook acct. as well, but no info or pics yet. Will try to get some up. Let me know if anyone starts a myspace group!

I already joined the facebook group. I also have a myspace account.

I agree. I created a facebook profile instead of trying to keep up with everyone in our class on both websites. I was suprised how many of my "myspace" friends also have facebook pages. I always thought it was redundant. Guess not?

Whoo-hoo! I just got my award letter. It's such a surreal feeling to know that I'm in, it's paid for, and all I need to do now is show up. What a relief! Now it's time to relax :cool: Anyone with me?

Whoo-hoo! I just got my award letter. It's such a surreal feeling to know that I'm in, it's paid for, and all I need to do now is show up. What a relief! Now it's time to relax :cool: Anyone with me?

I also got my financial aid letter, signed up with a lender, even got a scholarship from Creighton :). Whew, it is a relief to have that part completely in the works.
I'm with you on the relax part too. Anyone have any great summer plans before school starts? I'm going to spend as much time outside in the mountains as possible...enjoy whats left of ski season, hike, ride, camp etc.

I just got my acceptance letter for the campus pathway! I am excited to join you all next fall!

Congratulations on your acceptance :clap: Don't forget to join our facebook group.

I am sorry to post that I turned down my offer from Creighton. I really really really wanted to get my degree from Creighton, but attending the university in my home state will cost only 1/2 as much as Creighton. Money talks. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Gracie, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I show up in the directory, and I do know I'm in, and I'm going to give them another call on Monday. I just thought I'd survey to see if the info in PharmCAS is still correct.

I'm a creighton 2012 hopeful. I noticed you said you show up up in the directory - as Im still awaiting my letter, would you be able to advise me on how to access that directory? Thasnk you!!

My acceptance letter was in the mailbox today! See you guys in August!

I received my acceptance letter yesterday for the distance program and since I got accepted to the pre-matriculation program I'm definitely going to Creighton. Now I just need to tell my employer that I'm quitting in a month and a half! :wow:

I received my acceptance letter yesterday for the distance program and since I got accepted to the pre-matriculation program I'm definitely going to Creighton. Now I just need to tell my employer that I'm quitting in a month and a half! :wow:

Congratulations!! What's the pre-matriculation program?

Yay, I've been trying to find that, thanks for the link!

Is there anyone out there that's still on the alternate list without an interview??? I had all of my application stuff in by mid-December and was waitlisted at the end of January... and have heard nothing since. I called admissions once just to make sure I hadn't missed any communication from them and was assured that I'm still being considered and that I "shouldn't give up hope" because they continue to accept people right up to orientation... but how likely is that really??? How would they even go about interviewing me without any interview dates left? And why would they bother to have me come for an interview if they already have a bunch of interviewed alternates??? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated... Currently I'm planning on having to reapply... and, at this point, I'd just like to get my rejection letter and move on with things...

where is everyone planning on living next year...(campus students, I mean)