Creighton secondary???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rain1_rain1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the school exist anymore? :p

Members don't see this ad.

rain1_rain1 said:
Does the school exist anymore? :p[/QUOTEi

i feel your pain. i wish they would get their act together!

[/QUOTE]i feel your pain. i wish they would get their act together![/QUOTE]

they need some vodka to kick start their process...

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I waiting also.

I emailed them and this is what I got:

Thank you for your interest in Creighton University School of Medicine.

The secondary application is being updated and will be available in the
near future. Please check the web site occasionally for its
availability.

Thank you, again, for considering Creighton University

This was the reply four days ago, so either they are lying to me or they still don't have a secondary yet.....

haha... I'm an undergrad @ creighton and it is no surprise that they haven't even finished writing their secondary. I have been on their asses for over a month, and still nothing. Words of advice for applications: Try to tie in **** about jesuit ideals and stuff like that; they love it. Also, their cutoff isn't very competitive (I think like 2.something and 24), so good EC's are a must. I'll try and post on here as soon as I hear anything new or if I notice they have their app avail online!

Good luck everyone!!!

just got the email today about 3:25 central time...the app is up :cool:

jbrice1639 said:
just got the email today about 3:25 central time...the app is up :cool:
I got it also. :thumbup:

drbriggz said:
haha... I'm an undergrad @ creighton and it is no surprise that they haven't even finished writing their secondary. I have been on their asses for over a month, and still nothing. Words of advice for applications: Try to tie in **** about jesuit ideals and stuff like that; they love it. Also, their cutoff isn't very competitive (I think like 2.something and 24), so good EC's are a must. I'll try and post on here as soon as I hear anything new or if I notice they have their app avail online!

Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks for the info.

I was just wondering what you mean by "cutoffs", because it says they send the secondary to everybody. Are you saying that if you have less than 2.X and 24, you just get an automatic rejection after you submit your secondary? Does it matter for in state vs. out of state? Sorry, I'm just a little confused.

tacrum43 said:
Thanks for the info.

I was just wondering what you mean by "cutoffs", because it says they send the secondary to everybody. Are you saying that if you have less than 2.X and 24, you just get an automatic rejection after you submit your secondary? Does it matter for in state vs. out of state? Sorry, I'm just a little confused.

Sorry, I see that was a bit confusing... No, everyone DOES get the secondary; I think they need the money!!! The cutoffs are for acceptance (although I've seen kids w/ lesser credentials get interviews and waitlisted), and state of residence doesn't seem to matter, although for some reason they favor Hawaiins. Weird. (You would not believe how many Hawaiins there are @ CU).

How Jesuit is this school? Would a non-Christian be completely out of place here?

okay, so finally they woke up...

alright guys, let's rock n roll, and yeah again the same question 'being non-christian iz too too too bad?'

Members don't see this ad :)
TicAL said:
How Jesuit is this school? Would a non-Christian be completely out of place here?

I went to a Jesuit school for undergrad...I'm not Catholic at all!...and I loved it!

I'm not exactly sure about Creighton, but Santa Clara definitely just stressed the Jesuit values and philosophy over trying to convert everyone to Catholicism. I learned a lot about all religions...and have even incorporated some Jesuit beliefs (i.e., social justice, service) into my own life.

just my $0.02.

KT

Jesuits are all about learning about other cultures and having a well rounded worldview...not about converting the masses. There wont be preists jumping out of the bushes with rosary beads and holy water...no worries. I went to a Jesuit undergrad, you wont be discriminated against based on religion by any Jesuit.

I totally agree; most of my friends at Creighton are non-christian (Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc...) and a lot of those who are Christian are non-practicing or nondenominational. Definitely not a problem...

I totally agree with the well-rounded education; this is entirely true (and I hope med schools see this on my apps ;) )

drbriggz said:
Sorry, I see that was a bit confusing... No, everyone DOES get the secondary; I think they need the money!!! The cutoffs are for acceptance (although I've seen kids w/ lesser credentials get interviews and waitlisted), and state of residence doesn't seem to matter, although for some reason they favor Hawaiins. Weird. (You would not believe how many Hawaiins there are @ CU).

Well I downloaded their brochure (which took like an hour on my 56K modem; I miss DSL so much, but that's another story...) and it said the numbers from each state, so yes, I would believe you that there are a disproportionate number of Hawaiians there. Maybe the Dean of admissions has a thing for hula dancers? There's still way more Californians than anybody else there, even Nebraskans. UC Omaha :)

Thanks for clarifying your previous post. That's kind of strange that they would bother to interview people with stats below their cutoff. Plus, the MSAR says their average GPA/MCAT is 3.75/30, so why would they be interviewing people with like a 2.8/24? That seems really low. Maybe they were from Hawaii though ;).

Thanks for the input, I guess I'll sell another kidney and shell out some money for this secondary too.

TicAL said:
Thanks for the input, I guess I'll sell another kidney and shell out some money for this secondary too.

Cigarette butts, so they buy 'em some where??? I need money :p

Hi there,

I'm really gald I read this post before submitting my secondary appli. Could someone direct me to where they say they have a cutoff of 24 for the MCAT? Ihave a 3.72 / 23Q and I really love this school. I hoping that this cutoff is not concrete and they'll atleast give my application a chance...I think I have a lot to offer.

eg77 said:
Hi there,

I'm really gald I read this post before submitting my secondary appli. Could someone direct me to where they say they have a cutoff of 24 for the MCAT? Ihave a 3.72 / 23Q and I really love this school. I hoping that this cutoff is not concrete and they'll atleast give my application a chance...I think I have a lot to offer.

*** BUMP ***

rain1_rain1 said:
*** BUMP ***

I'm not sure if they state this directly anywhere, but I had a meeting w/ Dr. Nipper (head of admissions) and he expressed concern for those who are applying w/ less than those given numbers. He actually flat-out told a kid (I was in line behind him at the Q&A) that his 24 was not acceptable and that he should try it again; this was his 4th time taking the exam. They don't seem stickler for numbers, these seem to be more basic analysis figures; in other words, I would not keep from applying if I ddin't meet these numbers. They totally look at the enitre application instead of making a preliminary decision based on GPA and MCAT. I didn't want to deter anyone w/ my initial advice; this is just what I had heard from the Horse's mouth.

Don't worry... Be (apply) happy!!!

drbriggz said:
I'm not sure if they state this directly anywhere, but I had a meeting w/ Dr. Nipper (head of admissions) and he expressed concern for those who are applying w/ less than those given numbers. He actually flat-out told a kid (I was in line behind him at the Q&A) that his 24 was not acceptable and that he should try it again; this was his 4th time taking the exam. They don't seem stickler for numbers, these seem to be more basic analysis figures; in other words, I would not keep from applying if I ddin't meet these numbers. They totally look at the enitre application instead of making a preliminary decision based on GPA and MCAT. I didn't want to deter anyone w/ my initial advice; this is just what I had heard from the Horse's mouth.

Don't worry... Be (apply) happy!!!

Thanks for your reponse,

I'm actually about to call Dr. Nipper right now; I don't want to spend the time to fill out their secondary if my application won't even be considered due to my low MCAT scores. ok so maybe time is not my problem...it's the money. Since I'm Canadian, $75 American is like $299 Canadian :D Totally joking!!!