Creighton University = Best Clinical Education in the Nation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBigO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It’s true. You’ll find it in the literature. Creighton will give you the most real-world, clinically comprehensive education available. You won’t find a more superior dental school that will prepare you better. Simply the most loyal alumni base and dedicated faculty out there—which says much more than anything else.

And let’s be realistic:
-Sim labs (overly emphasized at pretentious, outrageously expensive schools—read: schools that gain a reputation strictly from their name/affiliation) are UNREALISTIC. How about working on real patients instead of plastic doll heads from the start? Well, at least you get to name you own doll head…excuse me while I throw up.
-I wouldn’t let a Harvard grad come near my mouth (unless he or she was presenting a research project, or she was seducing me…)
-it’s surprising that Arizona even got accredited—an ADA official told me this at a recent conference. Granted he was half in the bag—but speaking the truth!
-UOP is composed of a bunch of knee-jerk libertarians using the radical (and ineffective) idea of turning out dentists in 3 years as a way to make money. Check the books, I tell ya.
-Temple used to be on par with Creighton, until they started getting apathetic and “individualized” about their admission process 6 years ago…which has nearly dropped them off the face of the earth in terms of quality dental education. Poor Brian, I hear he’ll be out of a job soon.
-I could go on…but it’s late…

Listen people, there are other great schools out there (UCLA, UCONN, Maryland), but none on par with the one and only Creighton. I must say, Go Bluejays! Creighton is the best there is. Period. No question.

Who else is gonna join me in August 2006 to get the best D.D.S. degree in the country?

Members don't see this ad.

Creighton tops the rankings in almost all areas. US News had the following rankings published in the 2006 guide.

Research:
1) Harvard
2) Columbia
3) Creighton

Pre-Clinical Education:
1) Creighton
2) UConn
3) Pitt

Clinical Education:
1) Creighton
2) Temple
3) Tufts

Student Body Happiness:
1) Creighton
2) USC
3) Arizona

Real World Experience in the Classroom:
1) UT-Houston
2) Creighton
3) Nova

Hand speed upon graduation:
1) Creighton
2) NYU
3) Penn

Bang for the buck education:
1) Creighton
2) UNLV
3) UCSF

thaz funny dawg :laugh: "student body happiness"

the only ones i've heard of are LLU, and temple as far as getting the best clinical education is concerned

Members don't see this ad :)
So who's comin with me?

Nice of ya to trash talk about the other schools.

TheBigO said:
It’s true. You’ll find it in the literature. Creighton will give you the most real-world, clinically comprehensive education available.
I'm still waiting for that literature citation.

i think you are pathetic .... just like some ricers think their civic is bad ass

and since when US news start ranking dental school again?

just a bunch of crap....

Rezdawg said:
Creighton tops the rankings in almost all areas. US News had the following rankings published in the 2006 guide.

Research:
1) Harvard
2) Columbia
3) Creighton

Pre-Clinical Education:
1) Creighton
2) UConn
3) Pitt

Clinical Education:
1) Creighton
2) Temple
3) Tufts

Student Body Happiness:
1) Creighton
2) USC
3) Arizona

Real World Experience in the Classroom:
1) UT-Houston
2) Creighton
3) Nova

Hand speed upon graduation:
1) Creighton
2) NYU
3) Penn

Bang for the buck education:
1) Creighton
2) UNLV
3) UCSF

Citation: makethisup, Johnny and fullofcrap LouAnne. Creighton its number one becuase I said so. Journal of Bull Shizen. 178: 61-72, 2005

TheBigO said:
It’s true. You’ll find it in the literature. Creighton will give you the most real-world, clinically comprehensive education available. You won’t find a more superior dental school that will prepare you better. Simply the most loyal alumni base and dedicated faculty out there—which says much more than anything else.

And let’s be realistic:
-Sim labs (overly emphasized at pretentious, outrageously expensive schools—read: schools that gain a reputation strictly from their name/affiliation) are UNREALISTIC. How about working on real patients instead of plastic doll heads from the start? Well, at least you get to name you own doll head…excuse me while I throw up.
-I wouldn’t let a Harvard grad come near my mouth (unless he or she was presenting a research project, or she was seducing me…)
-it’s surprising that Arizona even got accredited—an ADA official told me this at a recent conference. Granted he was half in the bag—but speaking the truth!
-UOP is composed of a bunch of knee-jerk libertarians using the radical (and ineffective) idea of turning out dentists in 3 years as a way to make money. Check the books, I tell ya.
-Temple used to be on par with Creighton, until they started getting apathetic and “individualized” about their admission process 6 years ago…which has nearly dropped them off the face of the earth in terms of quality dental education. Poor Brian, I hear he’ll be out of a job soon.

Listen people, there are other great schools out there (UCLA, UCONN, Maryland), but none on par with the one and only Creighton. I must say, Go Bluejays! Creighton is the best there is. Period. No question.

Who else is gonna join me in August 2006 to get the best D.D.S. degree in the country?

*JMoney pats TheBigO on his/her small brain*
I find it really funny that you bag on all these schools that you wished you got into!!

TheBigO said:

This cracks me up because Dr. Ayers, while still touting the strength of his program, told me "Both schools in Nebraska are fantastic, you'd also get an excellent clinical education at UNMC."

I am not sure how you could get such a strong opinion of Creighton from a visit. I spent a total of one hour at the school, and that is because I stayed an extra 20 minutes outside to try to catch students as they left.

Where does your secret insight come from?

Have fun in the corn fields of Nebraska. At least you'll get some nice steak along with that awesome education.

boree said:
Have fun in the corn fields of Nebraska. At least you'll get some nice steak along with that awesome education.

Hey. Nebraska isn't so bad. You can rip on the original poster, but leave the state alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Creighton; Glad you got in, but sorry you came.

bpenly said:
Hey. Nebraska isn't so bad. You can rip on the original poster, but leave the state alone.

Yeah, Nebraska is the New York of the mid west :D

Audio said:

Now you're talking. Why just last year we got this awesome new music. I think you call it the "Rap". Unfortunately, it has simply propogated what has been described as the worst gang violence situation in the country.

bpenly said:
Now you're talking. Why just last year we got this awesome new music. I think you call it the "Rap". Unfortunately, it has simply propogated what has been described as the worst gang violence situation in the country.

Yea I forgot that New York City is owned by 50 Cent, Jay Z, and Puff Daddy. Can't get a cup of joe without a bulletproof vest nowadays. Time to move to the flat lands, it's not safe here anymore.

Yes, this is true, the gang violence is most def. out of control in Nebraska. I think I'm gonna have to move, u know with the rap music and all. To boot, we just got electricity last month, a huge step toward supporting full gang development. I can't even go outside at night anymore. :)

All this Nebraske talk reminds me of a couple jokes. What is the best thing to ever come out of Nebraska?? Interstate 80.

From the University of Nebraska - "The N in Nebraska stands for Nowledge"

And no.........my dental school is the best, not your's. My school is the best at everything. All other dental schools are inferior to the one I choose to go to. You guys are killing me. What the hell does it matter?! There's only, what, 54 in the country. But mine is the best, not your's.

Ronald Jeremy said:
All this Nebraske talk reminds me of a couple jokes. What is the best thing to ever come out of Nebraska?? Interstate 80.

From the University of Nebraska - "The N in Nebraska stands for Nowledge"

And no.........my dental school is the best, not your's. My school is the best at everything. All other dental schools are inferior to the one I choose to go to. You guys are killing me. What the hell does it matter?! There's only, what, 54 in the country. But mine is the best, not your's.

You tell them Ronald. How's the time off with your family going for you? Must've been hard to get fired by Riley and then still try to save face with all that family talk. :laugh:

boree said:
You tell them Ronald. How's the time off with your family going for you? Must've been hard to get fired by Riley and then still try to save face with all that family talk. :laugh:
Yes, it has been tough since I was fired. But, now I don't have to coach against Kobe and Phil on Christmas.

TheBigO said:

And let’s be realistic:

Seriously,
what's the purpose of this post?

greenday said:
Seriously,
what's the purpose of this post?

the poor kid. ha.

Audio said:

Wouldn't Chicago be considered the New York of the Mid-west? :D

boree said:

I just have to say, the steaks there are dang good! After my interview, I ate the best steak of my life. I would go to Creighton if for no other reason than that steak!!!!

BabberSher said:
Wouldn't Chicago be considered the New York of the Mid-west? :D

Chi-town's for wankstas. Cry-town is where the OG's is at.

white people translation...OG = original gangster ;)