Creighton University pre-dental post-bac program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TL294

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have anyone heard about this program? On their website, they said that as long as one maintain 3.5 GPA on 4.0 scale and min 16 on DAT, he is guaranteed a seat in the next fall entering class at Creighton University School of Dentistry. If I could not get into any school this cycle, I may apply to this program.I just wonder whether they would make it ridiculous hard for students to maintain 3.5 GPA. The tution is ridiculous (40K for 2 summers, and 2 semesters), but I have to anything to get me a spot in dental school. Any comment is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
Have anyone heard about this program? On their website, they said that as long as one maintain 3.5 GPA on 4.0 scale and min 16 on DAT, he is guaranteed a seat in the next fall entering class at Creighton University School of Dentistry. If I could not get into any school this cycle, I may apply to this program.I just wonder whether they would make it ridiculous hard for students to maintain 3.5 GPA. The tution is ridiculous (40K for 2 summers, and 2 semesters), but I have to anything to get me a spot in dental school. Any comment is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

hey wuts up, and yes the price is absolutely ridiculous, i've looked into this program and heres the part from the website that really catches my eye....

"The Program is designed to assist disadvantaged students by providing them with a comprehensive program of coursework, clinical experiences, and support for preparation and admission to dental school."

What the hell does that mean.......do I qualify as disadvantaged because i'm completely broke and in debt up to my eyeballs from reapplying and reapplying to dental school??????

Just an FYI in case you didn't already know, but from what I hear, you need to be a underrepresented minority or have a severely disadvantaged background to get into the program.

I don't think they are referring to your current financial state, but the type of economic upbringing you experienced.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an FYI in case you didn't already know, but from what I hear, you need to be a underrepresented minority or have a severely disadvantaged background to get into the program.

I don't think they are referring to your current financial state, but the type of economic upbringing you experienced.

yeah...exactly what i figured.....awesome:thumbdown:

My dad is an OMS, do you think I'll qualify?

hey wuts up, and yes the price is absolutely ridiculous, i've looked into this program and heres the part from the website that really catches my eye....

"The Program is designed to assist disadvantaged students by providing them with a comprehensive program of coursework, clinical experiences, and support for preparation and admission to dental school."

What the hell does that mean.......do I qualify as disadvantaged because i'm completely broke and in debt up to my eyeballs from reapplying and reapplying to dental school??????

I havent looked at the requirements for this program since last year, but last year the requirements said something tho the effect of that they were looking for academicaly disadvantaged students to economically disadvantaged students. I applied to this last year because it became apparent that I would not get in anywhere. I am a white male, married with two kids. There are actually a few programs similar to this one at UCSF, Temple, and I think at Boston. There are more I am sure. The deal was though that these programs all were for economicaly disadvantaged students. Really that is code for underrepresented minorities. That is what the UCSF admission councilor said. The thing that made Creighton different was that it had the part about academicaly disadvantaged. The website said it was for students that needed to up their credentials to be considered for dental school. I didnt get into the program and afterward I called to see why and if I should try again I was told by Dr. Areys that my GPA was low enough but my DAT was too high. I answered by saying, "too high for the disadvantaged program but not high enough for admissions." He then said it was really the background that I came from. I really wish tht some school would have a program that was open to anyone and just took those students willing to work really hard for a year to prove they are capable of attending dental school, but to my knowledge there is no dental school that has such a program.

I havent looked at the requirements for this program since last year, but last year the requirements said something tho the effect of that they were looking for academicaly disadvantaged students to economically disadvantaged students. I applied to this last year because it became apparent that I would not get in anywhere. I am a white male, married with two kids. There are actually a few programs similar to this one at UCSF, Temple, and I think at Boston. There are more I am sure. The deal was though that these programs all were for economicaly disadvantaged students. Really that is code for underrepresented minorities. That is what the UCSF admission councilor said. The thing that made Creighton different was that it had the part about academicaly disadvantaged. The website said it was for students that needed to up their credentials to be considered for dental school. I didnt get into the program and afterward I called to see why and if I should try again I was told by Dr. Areys that my GPA was low enough but my DAT was too high. I answered by saying, "too high for the disadvantaged program but not high enough for admissions." He then said it was really the background that I came from. I really wish tht some school would have a program that was open to anyone and just took those students willing to work really hard for a year to prove they are capable of attending dental school, but to my knowledge there is no dental school that has such a program.

amen

Yeah, if you're above 3.0 and have 17s on the dat, you're "over-qualified" for the post-bac.

As far as it being an expensive program at 40k, well, you get 10k/year back when you go to their dental school. So really, it's freeee!! lol.