Creighton vs. Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
My goal is to do residency in California, and I think both schools offer similar opportunities. I liked my interview day at Creighton a little better, namely because of the supportive/collaborative environment. Drexel standouts because of its proximity to Philly, I'd definitely have more fun there. But a significant drawback is the closure of Drexel's main teaching hospital, Hahnemann. I'm a little worried that itll limit some of my research/rotation opportunities.

Creighton

Pros
  • Students/environment/administration seems happier and more supportive. I think I'd be happier here
  • Option to do clinical rotations at Phoenix, Arizona Campus. Closer to family in California
  • Smaller class size (~160)
  • Cheaper COA
  • Better facilities
Cons
  • H/P/F grading system
  • Not a fan of Omaha

Drexel

Pros
  • Campus is near Philadelphia
  • Slightly stronger match
  • P/F
  • I have friends that live in Philly
  • I love the outdoors and Philadelphia has a lot more things to do outside
  • Lottery option to do rotations in California
  • Better reputation?
Cons
  • Lost their main teaching hospital, Hahnemann
  • Large class size (~ 250)
  • More expensive COA

Summary: My gut says Creighton since I think I'd be happier there. However, coming from California, I think I'd have more fun in Philly

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I Interviewed at both schools and the students at Creighton seem alot happier. The community and support from admin/faculties at Creighton are awesome. Creighton PD ranking is better above Drex. Phoenix is pretty nice place to attend the last 2 years and it's only a 5 hour drive if you are from SOCAL. Creighton's match list this year is very good. Drexel's match list is no where to be found.

Attachments

• PD Ranking 2020.xlsx
    45.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Creighton 2020 Match.pdf
    74 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 1 user
I Interviewed at both schools and the students at Creighton seem alot happier. The community and support from admin/faculties at Creighton are awesome. Creighton PD ranking is better above Drex. Phoenix is pretty nice place to attend the last 2 years and it's only a 5 hour drive if you are from SOCAL. Creighton's match list this year is very good. Drexel's match list is no where to be found.

Sounds like you'd pick Creighton over Drexel? The community at Creighton is definitely a big draw, I'm just a little worried that I'll have a hard time adjusting to the midwest coming from California. That said, it may only be for two years before doing rotations at the Phoenix campus. Who knows though, I might end up loving Omaha.

Before my interview at both schools, I had Drexel ahead of Creighton. After the interviews, Creighton 100% over drexel. Unless you are from LA, SD, or Bay Area, Omaha is comporable to many cities in CA. Only thing it gets really COLD in Omaha.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)