Creighton vs. Meharry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide bet. these two schools. I like creighton better right now, but it is sooooo expensive. :( Any opinions? Insight on these two schools?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know anything about creighton, but meharry is expensive too. what is the price difference? also, how do the cities compare?

but, really, if you like creighton, then go to there. i presume that you are trying to decide before the end of today.

Birdie,

I am not quite sure how much Creighton will cost next year, but I believe when I visited Meharry, they said that they would be facing a large (like 13%) increase in tuition for 2003-04. I believe the tuition will increase to $28k per yr.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am waitlisted at Meharry. I think it is a great school, but I believe all else standing I would perhaps choose Creighton for reputations sake. I understand it is an excellent school.

Hope this is helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Creighton. Hands down.

Look at cost of living in Omaha...

mdf

Originally posted by Irish Rose
Birdie, I am not quite sure how much Creighton will cost next year, but I believe when I visited Meharry, they said that they would be facing a large (like 13%) increase in tuition for 2003-04. I believe the tuition will increase to $28k per yr.
Creighton is about 35K per year! That's a mad lot of bones! :eek: But cost of living is relatively cheap in Omaha. I guess there is about a 7-8K per year difference in tuition.

Birdie,

I live here in Nashville, and the cost of living is pretty reasonable, but I would bet that Omaha may be cheaper.

I have the same dilemma about cost if I end up being accepted at either Meharry or UT-Memphis (waitlisted at both). I would love to stay in Nashville, but it would cost me an extra $50k over 4 yrs.

That is too much to ignore!!

If you have any other questions about life here in Nashville, please feel free to ask!!

Take care!

any more opinions?