Creighton vs. U Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmce443088

Reaction score
First off, these schools are very similar in terms of their Pros that it's hard to distinguish the two based on Pros alone.

Pros of both:
Emphasis on service
Good enough Match list
Global Health Opportunities
Similar CoA
Similar CoL
Students seem happy, emphasis on wellness

Creighton

Cons
  • Omaha, its a cool city but Rochester has more of what I love doing (outside, hiking, etc).
  • Less emphasis on research (I hate research, but it might help me get a better match result if I want to enter a competitive field)
  • Ranked less, but I generally think that US world news rankings are garbage metrics for choosing a school.

Rochester

Cons
  • I didn't actually get the chance to tour the school. Makes it hard to commit here.
  • A bit further from home (I live 6 hrs from Creighton). But how much will I be wanting to come home anyways?
  • Lectures are mandatory. This kind of sucks, as they are not recorded.

Summary: It's worth noting that I actually toured Creighton and thought it was great, but am unable to tour Rochester as they do not allow students to tour due to COVID. Does anybody have any experience with these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

• Ranked less, but I generally think that US world news rankings are garbage metrics for choosing a school.
I know the rankings are a subject of much discussion and most feel like they aren't accurate / meaningful and that the methodologies are flawed. The problem is the rankings have become real / relevant in the sense that they are self-fulfilling to some extent. In other words, even if Rochester is not actually stronger than Creighton there is a perception that it is stronger based on the years of published / widely circulated rankings.

Sorry I don't have any firsthand knowledge of the two schools.

First off, these schools are very similar in terms of their Pros that it's hard to distinguish the two based on Pros alone.

Pros of both:
Emphasis on service
Good enough Match list
Global Health Opportunities
Similar CoA
Similar CoL
Students seem happy, emphasis on wellness

Creighton

Cons
  • Omaha, its a cool city but Rochester has more of what I love doing (outside, hiking, etc).
  • Less emphasis on research (I hate research, but it might help me get a better match result if I want to enter a competitive field)

Rochester

Cons
  • I didn't actually get the chance to tour the school. Makes it hard to commit here.
  • A bit further from home (I live 6 hrs from Creighton). But how much will I be wanting to come home anyways?
  • Lectures are mandatory. This kind of sucks, as they are not recorded.

Summary: It's worth noting that I actually toured Creighton and thought it was great, but am unable to tour Rochester as they do not allow students to tour due to COVID. Does anybody have any experience with these schools?
I work at the UofR Hospital and have many friends who go to school there. Everyone I have talked to says they love the school and the school makes it INSANELY easy to get into research and other extracurriculars.