Creighton Waitlist Movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lloyd Christmas

Foam hat-wearing user
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, has any one heard anything from Creighton regarding their waitlist status or has anyone been taken off the waitlist from Creighton? I know they said that they will not be accepting people off the list until May 15th, but you never know with this stuff.

Thanks everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew my acceptance there, so I hope you get good news soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi lloyd christmas,

are you waitlisted in slu, like i am? i just got my alternate list letter from creighton yesterday (i interviewed during their last day of interviews)...

anyway, i asked jeanne (wilson) about the waitlist...she said that they're NOT ranking people so they'll just pull waitlist files at random if somebody pulls out of the acceptance pool (like Smoke This did). basically they'll accept those that beg enough....

i LOVED creighton when i went there, but i'm sorry: how random is that process??? i'm venting coz i don't understand why they wouldn't rank people...anyway, i guess you and i should just send them love letters each week (which is what jeanne recommended by the way)...

ovell :rolleyes:

hey singing doc,
Yeah, I am waitlisted at both Creighton and SLU, with no other acceptances or waitlists. How about you?
I called Mr. Glass (director of admissions) today to see how things are going and he said that they should be starting to pull people from the waitlist here in the next couple of weeks becuase they have had a lot of withdraws. I think it is very important to keep "bugging" Creighton with letters and calls so that they know that you are still interested, especially since the wailtlist is not ranked. It may seem random but he said that they do not rank the waitlist because there is such a high turnover in their waitlist and admissions that it would be pointless...

Hope you get in where you want!! Let us know how things turn out.

I likewise sent in my withdrawal notice. Good Luck to ppl on the waitlist! :)

To those waiting for Creighton, I hope to help you out soon. Creighton is where I am holding my one post-May 15th acceptance, but I am number 9 on Iowa's waitlist and the day I get off it(they took 41 off it last year) I will be withdrawing from Creighton, so good luck!

Thanks to all of you, Creighton is my number one choice!!!

To anyone who is definitely going to go to Creighton, shoot me a PM. I am the student housing coordinator this year, and am setting up a website to help students find a place to live once they get out here to beautiful Omaha.

Take care and good luck.

I called them today and the secretary said the waitlist will begin to move next week or so. She said that they haven't made decisions on the waitlist yet.

Just to give an update: I talked to the admissions office and they said that there has not been any movement off the list yet, but they may expect some next week... :cool:

i have an interesting situation, i withdrew from creighton a long time ago, but yesterday received an acceptance off the waitlist. im pretty confused. i have a copy of the form i sent in, clearly marking "withdraw" and a copy of the letter i sent them as a follow up. Needless to say, i'll be clearing this up with them today. the point of my post was, that creighton's waitlist movement has apparently started - good luck to everyone waiting to hear, hope an sdn'er gets this spot -

bald

The waitlist has begun to move. I was accepted off it today. Keep up hope all of you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulation Lloyd!! :clap: :clap: It's finally come for you. Cheers!!

Congrats Lloyd!!!! It was your first choice too! :) :) Now...you know the drill..how did you hear and mind posting your stats? Thanks! and congrats again! :D

Hey Lloyd,
I am also from Minnesota and will be in Omaha for med school, although I will be a few blocks away at UNMC! Where in MN are you from, and when are you making the move down to NE. Congrats on the acceptance, Creighton is a pretty cool school...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Maple:
•Congrats Lloyd!!!! It was your first choice too! :) :) Now...you know the drill..how did you hear and mind posting your stats? Thanks! and congrats again! :D •••••I got a call today! I have a 3.7GPA and a 30 MCAT. Good luck everyone!! :clap:

Hey Lloyd

Did Creighton already have all of your grades? I mean, if you graduated this last semester/quarter, did they already have your grades?

Congratulations on your acceptance. Hopefully I will be joining you at Creighton.

Yeah, they had my grades. I graduated on May 12th, so my grades were in about a week after that.

Congrats Lloyd! Creighton was my first of three interviews, and everyone from my student hosts to Assistant Dean Nipper were great. If it wasn't in Omaha, I'd still be on the waitlist for sure. You'll have a great time. :)

Hey all,
Creighton is my first choice too! I am also waiting for that phone call. Please...Call!!!!

While I am currently begging for a phone call, I wanted to ask if anyone knew how many are on the alternate list. Last year it seemed there was quite a lot of movement on the list. Here's to hoping... :wink:

[/QUOTE]I got a call today! I have a 3.7GPA and a 30 MCAT. Good luck everyone!! :clap: [/QB][/QUOTE]

Lloyd Christmas: Congrats!!! That's sooo awesome! Actually, Creighton is my second choice, only because UCSD is my first...but if I don't get into SD, I'm definitely dying to go to Creighton.

Also, thanks for posting your call to Dean Glass...I followed your example and called Dean Nipper, and he was super nice to me. Basically, I was just asking how I could have a better chance at an acceptance and he was happy to talk for quite a bit. He even said that he was delighted to talk to me...you don't hear that often in Admissions Offices.

Anyway, for those waiting on Creighton: Dr. Nipper has "open door" on Thursdays from 1:30 to 4:30 (Omaha time). Basically, first priority for open door is students that walk in, but if you catch him at a time when he doesn't have anyone there, then you can talk to him, too. He actually makes a note of who's called.

Hope this helps. :)

Actually, the admissions office called me to inform me that I had been accepted. I had been in contact with the office several times over the phone, but they called me to let me know. But, it you are interested in going to Creighton, by all means keep showing interest.

I didn't get a call from the admissions office, just an email copy of the admissions letter that's being sent in the mail. So check your email too!

congrats trav!!! if i were you, i'd choose tufts! i guess i'd rather be in boston than in omaha. :)

Alright!! Congrats Trav! I assume that I now have another SDNer at Creighton along with me!! :clap:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that if I get off one of my five waitlists I will be dropping my spot at Creighton so hopefully one of you all can get it :wink: ! It really is a great school and I can assure you that the staff there are really helpful! Omaha isn't too bad-an easy city to live in while in med school.Anyways, good luck to you all (and myself :D ). :)