Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Creighton

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jlinn01, Aug 8, 2000.

1. jlinn01

jlinn01 Junior Member

Has anyone received a Creighton secondary yet?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Nope -- they're one of the last I'm waiting for. For what it's worth, none of my other friends have received anything from them either.

- Cameron

4. jlinn01

jlinn01 Junior Member

My friends all say the same thing. Do you know if they use an extensive screening process like Duke or Northwestern?

5. misfit

misfit Blinded Me With Science

Attending Physician
    Hi:
    Thought I would add my two cents as well. I put my AMCAS application in on June 30and received all of my secondaries, except for Creighton, by July 31. I still have received nothing from Creighton.
    What could it be? Did a whole batch of AMCAS applications get lost in the mail? Not likely because AMCAS would reprint/remail them. I feel that Creighton's staff is still bogged down trying to fill out the 2000 fall class. But, if a secondary or a rejection letter doesn't arrive by Monday, I will be calling to inquire.
    Take care and good luck.

misfit

6. I got mine last week after a hell of waiting. do they screen?

7. scully

scully Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is there just one page to this secondary? This is the shortest one I have seen! There isn't even a place to sign and date it, except for on the picture. Am I missing something?

8. tristate

tristate Senior Member

I applied to Creighton last year, and the same lapse for the secondary happened. Here is the deal:

Creighton has a Guaranteed Admissions program which is for 60 of Creighton's 100 slots. They handle all of the paperwork, admissions info, etc. for that particular program first. This means that anyone applying for the regular admissions is put on hold until all Guaranteed Admissions slots are filled. Then the regular applicants are sent secondaries and reviewed, which comes later in the application season.

I hope this clears things up for people.

------------------
    And the blessings just keep coming!

9. MTY

MTY

tristate,

thanks for the info, have u decided where to attend? or are u currently applying?

best of luck to you

10. tristate

tristate Senior Member

I'm a first year at Texas Tech. I know how hard, frustrating, and tiring the application process is, so good luck to everyone.

------------------
    And the blessings just keep coming!