Creighton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gradM.S.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they interview? I just got a letter putting me on the wait list for admissions. I thought it was funny and neat.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard a word from Creighton and they've had my application for a couple months. I know that they do interview.

I also was put on Creighton's waitlist. Did you accept it? It says we have to inform them in writing to accept alternate status. I forgot I even applied there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Creighton does not interview, however if you are in UDEP (Utah), or WICHE (Idaho, Wyoming) the dean of admissions will visit your area and you can interview by appointment. I got waitlisted last year and this year. They told me that I had 99% chance of NOT being called if I was waitlisted. I was not really impressed with Creighton, I visited the school last year while passing through Nebraska. Students told me that allot of time was spent waiting in lines to talk to a professor. Their practice area is like a gymnasium with a hundred drills going non-stop, and people everywhere.

Is there any particular reason why they said 99% chance of not coming off the list. I know that about 200 people are put on the list, but the admissions lady also told me that about 10 to 15 people get off of the list. And since the list is not ranked and every body gets rereviewed I wonder why you would have only 1% chance of matriculating. Go figure. Is it really not that great of a school? From the reading material they have sent it seems like a completely professional program.

I might be a little hard on them. The program is good, however, they do not have any specialization programs. It felt so big when I was out there, it seemed you would get lost in your own class. I prefer something smaller and more intimate. As far as the waiting list, I have no idea why she said that to me. I know a few people who were on the list also and they did not get called. Some had very good GPA's and got in at other schools, but nothing from Creighton.

Right, Creighton does not interview. About the 99% chance of not getting off of the waiting list, that doesn't seem right. That's almost saying that everyone who got accepted agrees to go without a doubt. I got accepted in December and declined to go. I don't know why I don't have a good impression about Creighton, considering it is a Jesuit Univ. and I did my undergrad at a Jesuit Univ. which provides a fine education. They were my last choice.

Although Creighton does not require interviews, any student who is interested can request one. I highly suggest that for those who really want to have the best chance of acceptance to Creighton, calling ahead for an interview and attending is your best bet. I applied and was accepted to Creighton. I called and requested an interview where you meet with the Dean, Dr. Ayers and tour the school with a 4th year dental student. I believe they only "interview" on Fridays.
I feel it never hurts to have them be able to put a face to your application!

So, is anyone going to Creighton? I got in and will probably go there if I don't get upgraded from my alternate status at UOP. A lot of people have been telling me to go there. Oh yeah, what probably helped my app was that I spent my freshman year there. Apparently, they don't interview. I like it because it's a good school and good value tuition wise. Plus, it's next to the main campus so I have that at my disposal. Sure, they're a Jesuit School but it's not like they force their religion on you like Loma Linda. It's just a regular school. Plus, you get all the holidays. Well, if anyone is going please let me know.

I plan to start at creighton in the fall. It always amazes me when people say time and time again that Creighton doesn't interview. Glad to here that I'm not the only one that did it. One of the benefits to not having a specialty program is that as dental students you'll have ample opportunity to see a wide variety of patients without having to worry about them being taken away from you by greedy post grads. I can't wait to start. A funny side note. I got rejected by University of Nebraska, what the hell is that about. Boston, Penn, Creighton, yes. NU, no. That should show you all this whole thing is a crap shoot. I went to Nebraska as an undergrad.