SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Creighton?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Gi, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Gi

Gi Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 14, 2001
    MT
    Has anyone heard from Creighton? I haven't heard a peep since I got an email saying my application is complete (which wasn't too long ago).

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. scottie

scottie Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I got offered an interview awhile ago (I think it was early Nov). They had earlier open dates, but I scheduled my interview for Jan 4 because I didn't want to miss any more school. They contact you with the interview offer via e-mail. I am pretty sure that they only interview on Fridays. Good Luck!

4. DrSuga

DrSuga Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2001
    i also had an interview invite a long while back, but declined due to an acceptance at another school. they give a list of dates, and my invite came via email. you also have to respond withing 3 business days, or something like that.

5. italianlove

italianlove Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 9, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey gi,

If you're an August mcat'er like I am, it may take a little longer to hear something. My application was complete in early November and I was given an interview invitation on Dec. 6th. I scheduled for the Jan. 11th interview. After my application complete status I checked in on their status page and e-mailed them like a dozen times with no response from them until the e-mail invite so you may want to try this at the risk of being annoying. (I'm assuming they gave me the invite cause they were annoyed with the constant barrage of e-mails and just wanted to get me off their backs. lol) Also you get only 5 business days after the e-mail to call them back and schedule an interview date which seems a little odd but just a warning. And finally, Creighton is going to be interviewing well into April so I wouldn't worry too much about anything yet. I'm sure you'll get the nod soon, good luck!

6. italianlove

Dec 9, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey gi,

If you're an August mcat'er like I am, it may take a little longer to hear something. My application was complete in early November and I was given an interview invitation on Dec. 6th. I scheduled for the Jan. 11th interview. After my application complete status I checked in on their status page and e-mailed them like a dozen times with no response from them until the e-mail invite so you may want to try this at the risk of being annoying. (I'm assuming they gave me the invite cause they were annoyed with the constant barrage of e-mails and just wanted to get me off their backs. lol) Also you get only 5 business days after the e-mail to call them back and schedule an interview date which seems a little odd but just a warning. And finally, Creighton is going to be interviewing well into April so I wouldn't worry too much about anything yet. I'm sure you'll get the nod soon, good luck!

7. italianlove

Dec 9, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    oops, sorry for second post (computer glitch)

8. Gi

Gi Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 14, 2001
    MT

9. italianlove

Dec 9, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey gi,

I did apply to SLU also. The med school has a very solid program, outstanding facilities and its own teaching hospital which is nice. It really depends on what kind of learner you are. SLU has a very traditional lecture-based program (lecture 6 hours a day) with some PBL thrown in for variety. I have a lot of friends who are MS1's now who give me lots of positive feedback. A lot of my friends are med scholars and are already accepted here (bastards!).

The undergrad here is quite nice. Very laid back and teachers (most teachers I should clarify) who want to help you succeed; its definately a win-win situation, and I'm sure this attitude is carried on at the med school.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the procrastination factor. Unfortunately the laid-back attitude has seeped into the adcom at the med school (i sent in my 2ary in late October and i called in two weeks ago to find out that they still had not filed my letters of rec, so much for having an advantage when applying to your undergrad institution). But anyway, I digress.

Good luck on your P-Chem final, I have my Comparative Anatomy final tomorrow (yuck) and then I'm home free. I hope you like it when you interview here, and if we both end up here at SLU I look forward to meeting you next year. Take care. Ciao.