Creighton

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jiffy boy, Jan 22, 2002.

1. jiffy boy

jiffy boy Member

A quick question.

Does Creighton accept almost everyone they interview?

I noticed that they interview very few people a year.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I got in

I got in Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey jiffy boy
    I read the same on interviewfeedback.com.
    Did you have an interview there, yet?
    Good luck.

4. docuw

docuw Senior Member

Creighton offers spots to about 280 people (after wait lists) to fill ~118 spots. They count on many of the applicants getting accepted to several schools and some of them not choosing Creighton. How many do they interview? Seems like more than 280. They interview about 17-20 every Friday x 4 wks/mnth x 7.5 months of interviews (Oct through April -ish) = around 600 (very rough estimate) interviewees.

5. jiffy boy

jiffy boy Member

I have my interview in a couple of weeks and was just wondering the interview/acceptance ratio.

It says in MSAR that they only interviewed a total 311 people last year and 118 enrolled. I assume they accept at least twice that number (like the 280 mentioned before), so do they waitlist the remaining 31 people or reject them?

6. docuw

docuw Senior Member

I have a feeling that that MSAR is not the real number of total interviewees. However, I do not know the numbers. I think that 311 might be the total number of acceptances offered to fill the 118 spots. Like I said, I would guess the number of interviewees to be closer to 600. I think the chances of acceptance once given an interview is close to 50% (or slightly above). I will have to ask tomorrow to verify the total number of interviewees.