1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Crescent City Living?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by johnnyjringo, Apr 19, 2004.

1. johnnyjringo

johnnyjringo Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Howdy Y'all,
    I finally made the decision, and I'll be heading to New Orleans in the fall. Can anybody tell me the best areas to live during med school? I've looked at buying a house in the Lower Garden District/Irish Channel...it seems pretty sweet there - close enough to school, close enough to "entertainment." I'd love to hear what the areas are like from folks who alreadly live there. It seems damn expensive close to downtown, but I don't know if I want to commute in from the suburbs. Plus the 'burbs seem boring.
    --Johnny

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    awesome, congrats on making the decision! lower gd/irish channel is a cool place to live, esp if you're near magazine or prytania. it's a fun area with lots of shops, coffeehouses, funky bars and restaurants and whatnot. it's close enough to school to be convenient, but not close enough to stifle you to one part of the city. downtown can be pricey, esp in the warehouse district. uptown's also good (lots of houses for sale, if you're looking to buy, and lots of stuff for rent, if that's what you want). uptown gets the slight advantage in my book, only because it's close to libraries, the gym, and stuff like that. good luck!