Criminal Background check???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cestmoi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone else received email from AMCAS about a survey regarding some new type of background check? I just got one for feedback and i don't remember doing one. I'm so confused because I haven't gotten an acceptance yet from the schools i interviewed at. When is one required to do a background check and what's the protocol?

Members don't see this ad.

I got this email too, I thought it might be due to the acceptance that just came through for me. Have you checked all your status pages, this might be a indicator of good news to come.

I got it, and as far as I know, the only school I applied to that signed up for the background check hasn't sent me a decision yet (probably won't find out until March).

The schools that are test running it were listed on the AMCAS when you submitted it initially. You had to agree to undergo the background check. I imagine they sent them out now because many people have already been accepted to these schools, though I'm not certain. I'm not sure exactly how they're doing the background check, so I dunno.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the survey yesterday too....but no acceptances yet. i'm hoping this means there is good news to come!

is there anyone who DIDN'T get the amcas email?

check out the "AMCAS Background Check email?" thread, sounds like it was just a survey with no implications toward application status.

link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=487416

Same here. I've been looking in my inbox for an initial email from AMCAS, but I only got the "feedback" email, so I thought maybe I'd filled something out earlier and didn't remember it. Now, I got an acceptance from a school, and they do the background check, and they want me to fill something out. Don't know what it is, will try the link above, thanks.:thumbup:

i got the survey yesterday too....but no acceptances yet. i'm hoping this means there is good news to come!

is there anyone who DIDN'T get the amcas email?

Yup. i just spoke to a friend who didn't. Thanks for the feedback guys

Yes, this is an old thread. But I didnt feel like making a new one.

So it just dawned on me today that I got that email from AMCAS regarding the criminal background check like 3 weeks ago, but I have never received any follow up email regarding what I need to do as far as logging in and signing consent. Im afraid I may have deleted it or it got caught up with the spam. Should I just call AMCAS and let them konw that I haven't heard anythign else regrading CBC and its 3+ weeks and then theyll tell me the next step?

Yes, this is an old thread. But I didnt feel like making a new one.

So it just dawned on me today that I got that email from AMCAS regarding the criminal background check like 3 weeks ago, but I have never received any follow up email regarding what I need to do as far as logging in and signing consent. Im afraid I may have deleted it or it got caught up with the spam. Should I just call AMCAS and let them konw that I haven't heard anythign else regrading CBC and its 3+ weeks and then theyll tell me the next step?

I can forward you the email if you want. It gives you a website and tells you to put in a code (which looks like a code they give to everyone). The email looks very standard.:luck:

This e-mail means that you've been accepted somewhere because they wouldn't waste the money on wait-listers.