Crisis..Help Help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anusha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all the good members of this forum...I am freaking out with my exam ...I do not know how does the break time works..and how many blocks are there...can you take break after each block...how does they allocate time...what would be the best way to handle the break time....and manage time...can we take break after each block? I tried to read ada..please explain in simple english....:confused: :confused: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

hi
dunt freak out, calm down, the exam seems lengthy but it is not that bad .usually 2 subjects r there first(without a break) and then there is an hour break followed by the other two subjects(without a break). that one hour break is not mandatory, if u want u can come back in half an hour or if u want u can relax n come back in an hour, depends on you. i suggest take the full break or at least 40 m nis so that your brain can relax and you can refocus with more energy, get a coffee and a sanwitch in that break.........good luck

Hi
Dont freak out. The software is very user friendly.
The first session is of 3.5 hrs and
would comprise of 100 questions of anatomic sciences followed by 100 questions of Biochem/Physio. You can go back and forth in these 200 questions in this session.

Then you have an optional break of 1 hr you can either relax or start with the next session.

The next 3.5 hrs session consists of 100 questions of Micro Patho and then 100 questions of DA. You can go back and forth in these 200 questions.

If you need to take a quick break, during any session (3.5 hrs), to the restroom or drink water, just raise ur hands and the prometric staff will allow u to take the break. note, you will be loosing that time from ur session, so take care of that.

Dont panic at all. You will be fine. Hope this info helps.

To all the good members of this forum...I am freaking out with my exam ...I do not know how does the break time works..and how many blocks are there...can you take break after each block...how does they allocate time...what would be the best way to handle the break time....and manage time...can we take break after each block? I tried to read ada..please explain in simple english....:confused: :confused: :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
we r instructed not to open any book or reading material during the break...

hi
dunt freak out, calm down . . . get a coffee and a sanwitch in that break.........good luck

Might I interject. . . It might be a good idea for you to forego the coffee during your break due to the severe anxiety your post reflects.

Just relax. I wouldn't even study anything the day before the test. If you don't know it by then, there's no point. Relaxation will help your frame of mind much more.

And don't worry about the break schedule. They will explain it when you get to the test. Sheessh!

I agree with the one above.....
Please avoid reading during the break or even talking on your cell phone....I dont remember who it was, but there was post on SDN that one guy/gal, talked accidently on the cell phone and his scores were cancelled by the ADA, or something like that.

To be on the safer side......do not read between the break....

I guess that depends from centre to centre, some centres might allow, some might not....

Check this link from ADA website below, its the online tutorial, this is exactly how your exam will look like :)

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/part1_computerized.asp#tutorial

Good Luck with your exam!

Ct

hi
. . . get a coffee and a sanwitch in that break.........good luck

By the way, very interesting spelling of sandwich there. . . 'sanwitch' . . .

is that derived from 'sans witch' meaning 'without witches'?

the sanwitches i eat r definitely without witches, though i am not a veggie.............its just a slang.it is intersting that u found it intersting

funny:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its TYPO guys
cheer up:laugh:

the sanwitches i eat r definitely without witches, though i am not a veggie.............its just a slang.it is intersting that u found it intersting

That is an awesome typo though, you have to admit!:laugh:

can u review all 400 questions at the end of the test?

PLS Reply

yes u can..and still be left with some time...but it sure bores us to death..:laugh: ..