Critical Care Fellowship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORL10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else amidst the critical care fellowship application process now? It'd be nice to have some communication with the other applicants this season and see how the interview trail has been/will be.

I think I applied to most of the CC programs (save for a few places I wouldn't live in), I think 20 overall?

Anyone in the past care to share about how many places they interviewed at in general, I plan on going to far less than for residency (i think I did 12 then).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Applied to 3. Two outside programs through ERAS, and my home program (not ERAS). No offers yet from the ERAS programs.

I'll keep ya posted, good luck dude!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying right now as well. I'm surprised how heterogeneous the programs are. Some use ERAS, one wanted a CV sent through email only, another downloaded my ERAS application and still asked for a paper application. I think once surgery approves emergency medicine graduates, applying to CC fellowships will get easier.

I would not hold your breath waiting for surgery to agree to board certify EM residents in CCM. Training us is one thing, the politics are another.

I would not hold your breath waiting for surgery to agree to board certify EM residents in CCM. Training us is one thing, the politics are another.

My understanding is that ABS has already unofficially approved changes to the language in regards to sitting for CCS fellowships and boards to include EM, and that it's supposed to be officially in place by the end of the year.

I know how this has gone in the past, though I remain optimistic.

I saw that and voiced a complaint about working as a intern. Since I've already done a surgical internship, I was particularly annoyed at the idea at having to do another.

It looks like they'll start taking us:
https://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/reviewComment/rev_programReq_Index.asp

Of course, if you look at the proposed revisions, we'll basically have to do a surgical intern year first.
Wow! I cant believe they would make EM grads do a Surgery intern tear before the critical care fellowship. That's completely wrong. No one is going to pursue critical care certification through ABS with that stipulation. Why is critical care so full of politics?