Critical Reading PCAT Set up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atnguy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the PCAT recently. How is the critical reading portion of the PCAT set up? Can I view the passage at the same time while reading the questions, or do I have to read the passage first and 'flip' back and forth from the passage and questions? Also is passage set up the same way for biology and chemistry?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, yes the passage will be on screen until you finish answering its respective questions. Those passages will be different to the chem/bio processes because they will not contain experiment data.

Is it like a split screen for the reading part so you can scroll through the passage while viewing the questions? How is the chem/bio like? Also I know you're given a dry erase board for the test as scratch paper, do you know roughly the size of it and if they provide the fat markers? I want to pick some up to do practice test.

Yeah, the RC is a split screen so you can view the passage while answering one question at a time.

Chem and bio you just view a question at a time.

I wasn't given scratch paper, but what I got what a dry erase notepad. We were given a dry eraser I think and a dry erase marker. Marker is just like a pen, tho.