I've been thinking about taking a gap year after college so that I could have more time to prep, especially for the MCAT. It sounds hard to study for the MCAT while taking classes, so I thought maybe I could prep and take the MCAT during the summer after Junior year. If anyone has any advice/critiques for my timeline, please let me know! Or, how can I make prepping for the MCAT while also taking classes more manageable?
- By spring of Junior year: take all med school pre-reqs
- Spring of Junior year and following summer: MCAT prep
- End of summer, before Senior year: take the MCAT
- Late winter/spring of Senior year: compile med school list, write personal statement, retake MCAT if needed
- Spring of Senior year: AMCAS primary
- Summer after Senior year: secondaries
- Fall/Winter after Senior year: interviews & hopefully acceptance!