CRNA JOBS in 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tony C anesthesia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone has any idea about CRNA jobs future in California after new law is in effect in 2020?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, anyone has any idea about CRNA jobs future in California after new law is in effect in 2020?
Probably less than stellar for someone who creates a grammatical atrocity of a sentence like the one above. Damn. I read that bullshiggity and my IQ dropped 30 points.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Independent crna makes low to mid 400s in northern Cali hospital base I know. Working around 45 hours a week. Call q4

Which is what most MD only places make in many parts of California. And those MDs like my brother work closer to 60 hours to make in the low 500s including 1:5 ob and 1:3 cardiac

Independent crna makes low to mid 400s in northern Cali hospital base I know. Working around 45 hours a week. Call q4

Which is what most MD only places make in many parts of California. And those MDs like my brother work closer to 60 hours to make in the low 500s including 1:5 ob and 1:3 cardiac
You mean the "we're so much more cost effective than physicians" CRNAs? What a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Probably less than stellar for someone who creates a grammatical atrocity of a sentence like the one above. Damn. I read that bullshiggity and my IQ dropped 30 points.
Mods yall message me about my comments and this bozo gets to say this stuff?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Darn, @Consigliere! I read this and my IQ dropped 30 points, too.

5E9C761A-09CA-49A0-933A-5C6AEF40075E.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

LOL, you not worry about grammar bro! I’m asking if the new law will make hiring CRNAs less desirable and more expensive for hospitals. It seems the answer is a big YES from your anger and frustration.

I'm honestly surprised you had that many IQ points available to drop! Sad!

LOL, you not worry about grammar bro! I’m asking if the new law will make hiring CRNAs less desirable and more expensive for hospitals. It seems the answer is a big YES from your anger and frustration.
I'm neither angry nor frustrated as what happens in California does not affect me one iota. So, as you so eloquently stated, "you not worry.....bro."

Maybe it would help if you told us what law you were talking about.

Additionally, MD only is still the predominant model in CA.

Maybe it would help if you told us what law you were talking about.

Additionally, MD only is still the predominant model in CA.

The law is AB 5, CRNAs can't be employed as independent contractors anymore by hospitals or medical practices. They must be all employed. Hiring CRNAs will be more costly for employers...

The law is AB 5, CRNAs can't be employed as independent contractors anymore by hospitals or medical practices. They must be all employed. Hiring CRNAs will be more costly for employers...

More than likely CRNAs will be considered exempt professionals.

Uber and Lyft spending big bucks to fight this. I’m betting it’ll get tied up in the courts for a while.

Good. The costlier it is for hospitals to hire CRNAs the better. The options will then be:
$350K salary, $50K benefits = Physician: carries own malpractice insurance, works 55+ hours a week, sits on committees, works overtime, prioritizes patients, develops protocols, adds value

vs

$200K salary, $50K benefits = CRNA: inferior practitioner, boneheaded anesthesia, works 40hrs a week, and walks out of the OR mid code soon as the clock strikes 5pm and relief is there

End result: more physician only practices, which is exactly who I want taking care of me and my family

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Non-exempt health professions include: certified registered nurse anesthetist; perfusionist; occupational therapist, speech therapist, optometrist, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, radiation therapist, licensed professional clinical counselor, marriage and family therapist, licensed clinical social worker, respiratory therapist and audiologist.