Cross training for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyMath

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the idea for cross training in sports is an age old phenomena in high school and middle school. For example, playing basketball to help with explosiveness in football, etc. so that your body doesn't get "bored" of conditioned results. Professional athletes do it all the time.

So....do you think it'd be foolish to use like the Ochem/Bio/Verbal intuition from the PCAT and DAT study guides (I can get so many tests and guides for free from friends and I have A LOT of time until my MCAT) to help prepare for the MCAT? Keep in mind I will RIGOROUSLY study for the MCAT with MCAT material and books about Ochem, Bio, Phys, etc.

But what do you think of cross training?

Also, I'll skip the calculus stuff in the PCAT and random math in the DAT....

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. It would be foolish. Unless you want to take the PCAT and DAT for some reason.

Is the content of the PCAT's bio/ochem/verbal and DAT's bio/ochem/verbal significantly different than the MCAT's?

You might want to try a search comparing those tests. I think there were some people who took both the MCAT & PCAT and the MCAT & DAT who posted their impressions. From what I remember, they were pretty different, but I don't know anything about the PCAT and DAT. I'd guess that the basic content review is similar with the differences being in how that content is utilized.

Members don't see this ad :)
*I have only looked at the DAT and have never taken it* The sciences in the DAT are almost pure memorization unlike the MCAT. I guess you could used that a little..

Don't waste your time. Get together an ample amount of MCAT resources and put 100% of your effort into it. If you have the resources, the only thing standing between you and a great score is you. You don't need other materials from different tests as thousands have people have done great with just mcat material. Also those tests are much different than the MCAT.