1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

cruel and misleading envelopes!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by siempre595, Nov 9, 2002.

1. siempre595

7+ Year Member

So today I got all excited cause a big envelope showed up in my mailbox from WashU. Frantically I open it.....and.....it's an application to the biomed phd program. and here i thought i was getting an interview or something exciting.
    i'm sure there's other threads on stuff like this out there...but i just wanted to vent a bit. damn the big envelopes!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. isidella

7+ Year Member

could've been even more cruel. . . look on the bright side.

4. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, that sucks... happened to me with Cornell. But hey, thanks for the warning! :)

5. futurdoc11

futurdoc11 Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, thanks for the warning. I'll be on the look out for that envelope:eek:

6. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

Beware of Tufts! I gasped when I saw the thin envelope, but it's just an app complete notice. Wish these schools would be less cruel & just use postcards for app status.

7. pAkhtmAn

pAkhtmAn pAkht mEmbEr
    7+ Year Member

I had the same thing happen to me with Case. The envelope that came in the mail was paper thin... but when I opened it, it turned out to be an interview request... phew!

8. mikecwru

mikecwru M.D. = Massive Debt
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Unless they changed it, CWRU's acceptance letter is also a one page letter... paper thin. So don't flip out.

mike

9. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I feel your pain. I got a big envelope from them with a brochure about all the people I could possibly interview with. Thinking that there's no way they would possibly take $5 to ship me a huge book, I felt confident about a Wash U interview. Now, I'm hold for interview there, which probably means I'll get a nice rejection letter in a couple of months. They even sent me that invitation to apply there last year!

Blah.

10. kaos

kaos Web Crawler
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey, I got a thin little envelope from USUHS which happened to be an acceptance! :clap:

11. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

Same thing happened to me last year when I was on their waitlist. Got a big, thick 8.5"x11" envelope in the mail out of the blue, opened it, and it's a bunch of financial aid forms. Boo! :mad: +pissed+

12. rae-chill

rae-chill Member
    7+ Year Member

i got two pieces of mail from downstate in the same day - one manilla envelope and one thin envelope... talk about messing with my head :p turns out they both were nothing special. lesson learned: size does not matter! ;)