jdh71

epiphany at nine thousand six hundred feet
10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Just wanted to see if anyone else had developed any crushes along the interview trail? I've had 2! About a month ago I interviewed at Cornell and there was this SUPER HOT guy from Tuft's and I could not stop staring at him. I even overheard him say he used to play football in college!! *swoon*, if anyone from Tufts knows who this guy is, can you let me know if he's single?! And then today I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai and there was this really hot guy named "matt" who said he went to UIC. I'm not sure if I looked stoned because I just stared at him the whole time instead of the actual morning report the residents were putting on. OMG I feel like I"m in high school again, lol.
quit trolling the forum

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
Just wanted to see if anyone else had developed any crushes along the interview trail? I've had 2! About a month ago I interviewed at Cornell and there was this SUPER HOT guy from Tuft's and I could not stop staring at him. I even overheard him say he used to play football in college!! *swoon*, if anyone from Tufts knows who this guy is, can you let me know if he's single?! And then today I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai and there was this really hot guy named "matt" who said he went to UIC. I'm not sure if I looked stoned because I just stared at him the whole time instead of the actual morning report the residents were putting on. OMG I feel like I"m in high school again, lol.
This provided a much needed laugh today. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2009
Status
Post Doc
This is just an awful thing to post during interview season. My opinion of our selection committee just took a nose dive. It should be easy to figure out who you are.....

OP
D

DoctorDork

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Status
Medical Student
This is just an awful thing to post during interview season. My opinion of our selection committee just took a nose dive. It should be easy to figure out who you are.....
I'm really sorry for posting this. I didn't mean it to be offensive. I just thought it was a light hearted post. Really sorry:(

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
Ooooh, someone's in trouble!

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with the OP's post other than it being mistaken for trolling. Is girlish glee not allowed at Cornell?

Dec 14, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Ooooh, someone's in trouble!

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with the OP's post other than it being mistaken for trolling. Is girlish glee not allowed at Cornell?

Don't worry, they are just doing her a favor. People with a sense of humor tend to do poorly in the company of those with no sense of humor.

VJWDO

The End Is In Sight!!!
10+ Year Member
May 20, 2004
Durham, NC
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I thought this was pretty funny. Don't worry DoctorDork. Some people just forgot that we are Doctors but still human beings and get crushes on people. I mean it's not like you brought this up during your interview. You posted anonymously on an internet chat forum. I see no lapse in professionalism here.

The above hater just needs to get a life and loosen up a little!:laugh:

VJWDO

The End Is In Sight!!!
10+ Year Member
May 20, 2004
Durham, NC
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Seriously. My opinion of your selection committee actually took a nose dive too. The fact that they selected someone (AKA YOU) who would judge an applicant based on what was meant to be a lighthearted post on an anonymous internet chat forum.

We may be physicians but we are not robots!

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
Since we are on the topic of attractive residents, I personally feel that UCSD takes the cake, hands down. Not that I've been to all programs, but I've been to a lot.

Sep 10, 2010
Status
Medical Student
LOL. seriously joy? at most trolling but...come on. haha

WorkaholicsAnon

10+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I agree that admiring good looks should not be held against someone.

What I cant understand is how "it should be easy to figure out" who she is, unless there was only one girl present during the interview day. Then again, it could be someone else trying to get that person in trouble. So like, are you willing to take the risk of unfairly blackballing someone just based on what equates to hearsay?? That's as bad as firing someone based on a rumor.

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Troll cops are still in full force. Love it.

Except I dont.
Following me around? I might be flattered if it wasn't so creepy.

The OP was ******ed.

Jmoosec2

Jmoosec2
Jul 2, 2010
Macon, GA
Status
Medical Student
Following me around? I might be flattered if it wasn't so creepy.

The OP was ******ed.
Yes, I'm stalking you. Ha. Because that's how I choose to spend my time; nevermind the fact that we are on the same website.

That she was, but hardly a troll. But, even if she were, I just don't get why its anyone's job to point that out. Maybe it's just a pet peeve, but its about as annoying as the initial.

Oct 27, 2010
Status
Non-Student
LOL!:) Had a good laugh reading your post:) Don't be sorry....girls are allowed to gossip once in a while, aren't they?:) You seem to be a fun person to be around and you don't have to apologize to anyone for a lighthearted comment on an internet forum! Some people are just so mean and judgemental, but hey that is their problem.

Good luck with the interviews.....you never know you might be dating David in residency, life is full of surprises!:):)

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Yes, I'm stalking you. Ha. Because that's how I choose to spend my time; nevermind the fact that we are on the same website.

That she was, but hardly a troll. But, even if she were, I just don't get why its anyone's job to point that out. Maybe it's just a pet peeve, but its about as annoying as the initial.
You're really still that butthurt? Come on man, be one.

I didn't say the OP was a troll, I told her to stop trolling. These are not the same thing.

You know when you reach the bottom? This isn't a rhetorical question.

WorkaholicsAnon

10+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Um yea, kind of inappropriate to be ogling men during an interview. However- his name is David, he's a great guy and I'm sure he's flattered.
Hey if he's there, you can't keep the eyes from seeing him. I mean you dont expect people to be walking around shielding their eyes do you, interview day or not...

It's not exactly a voluntary thing. And it's not like she was being flirtatious or hitting on him there. If she was, then of course that wouldn't be appropriate. But that would also obviate the need for making such a post here, because contact will have been already made. So my conclusion is that the OP behaved appropriately and professionally during interview day, and handled her attraction by posting an anonymous shout out here. I say perfectly professional.

Jmoosec2

Jmoosec2
Jul 2, 2010
Macon, GA
Status
Medical Student
You're really still that butthurt? Come on man, be one.

I didn't say the OP was a troll, I told her to stop trolling. These are not the same thing.

You know when you reach the bottom? This isn't a rhetorical question.

I will assume your constant referral to "butthurt" as an inflammatory remark that ceases to hit the mark, so you can just stop. I'm merely having a discussion. I'm not whining or anything like that, but rather trying to understand how you think you are helping anything, when I would say a vast majority of people think you are just BEING an @$$hole. I'm not saying you ARE an @$$hole, but rather are BEING an @$$hole. These are not the same. (Although stupid is as stupid does.)

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Please keep the discussion on-topic and civil. This is your only warning.

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Please keep the discussion on-topic and civil. This is your only warning.
Alright boss. Although I think the likely ensuing flamefest would have been entertaining.

confuse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Who? Is it Nathalia1617?? :D

Seriously, I remembered a post in here sometimes ago ranking programs by people's attractiveness factor. If there is such a list, MUSC wins hands down. Lots of nice looking people roaming the beaches of Charleston.

^ Someone is dating David ;)

Adelaida

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2007
Status
hah, we should def. start a hottness rank. This forum is entirely too serious.

I can start off the list from the bottom, I must've interviewed at all the programs with some buusted ppl.

LadyJubilee8_18

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2005
Houston Tx/ Dallas Tx
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Dude, how good looking is this guy? Now we have people who know of his beauty across state lines? What is this? The Iliad!?
I have no idea who the F David is, I'm just being a gossip.

When I interviewed, I thought some of the guys at Columbia were hot. I'd say Duke was a close second. Washu had some serious uggos (no offense to anyone from Washu. I'm sure you personally are beautiful)

skatertudoroga

Removed
Apr 23, 2010
Status
Became intrigued by this thread. I don't have a gf and havent been with a woman for almost 2 years. I am very concerned about my prospects with women as a med student and beyond. I am generally not attracted to medskool women. I am more into fitness instructors..
But anyway would like to learn more about how it goes? What % of students date their classmates in medical school? What % of pgy-1 residents are single? I just looked up residents from MUSC because you said they were better looking. And the hottest one has a wedding picture on her facebook.. So how likely are pgy-1's to worship me as a human being if I were a fellow resident?

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
I don't have a gf and havent been with a woman for almost 2 years.

I am more into fitness instructors..

I am very concerned about my prospects with women
As well you should be, my friend, as well you should be.

Doctor&Geek

25 > 5 / 15 < 8
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2002
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Became intrigued by this thread. I don't have a gf and havent been with a woman for almost 2 years. I am very concerned about my prospects with women as a med student and beyond. I am generally not attracted to medskool women. I am more into fitness instructors..
But anyway would like to learn more about how it goes? What % of students date their classmates in medical school? What % of pgy-1 residents are single? I just looked up residents from MUSC because you said they were better looking. And the hottest one has a wedding picture on her facebook.. So how likely are pgy-1's to worship me as a human being if I were a fellow resident?
Quoted for all posterity.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Quoted for all posterity.
Agree. We need to make a bumping schedule to insure that this post remains on the front page for at least the next 5-10 years.

Adelaida

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2007
Status
Just coz there's a goalie...

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Jdh71, I'm starting to wonder how large your collection of jpegs are.
I usually use teh google and then hotlink, and since the innerwubz is infinite, I have access to INFINITEE!!!1!

EDIT:

Last edited:

confuse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Dude, that's why I specifically mention roaming the beaches, never said anything about roaming the hospital. I'm trying to point the way here .. :rolleyes:

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
Dude, that's why I specifically mention roaming the beaches, never said anything about roaming the hospital. I'm trying to point the way here .. :rolleyes:
I just realized that this guy actually went on the website, looked up the hottest resident, and then proceeded to search for her on Facebook...

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I just realized that this guy actually went on the website, looked up the hottest resident, and then proceeded to search for her on Facebook...
Creepy much skatertudoroga?

Mar 14, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Hello fellow 4th year matchers,
Spotted, in the north end...sipping scotch, smoking cigars, sporting nothing but his birthday suit was the one and only hot Italian stallion Cornell crush D.
Is he taken or is he looking to put his lonely Cuban back in a box?
Xoxo,
BHBs

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
ugh

this thread should have stayed dead

Cirrus83

Too old for this
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
ugh

this thread should have stayed dead
Well, now that most people are matched I suppose you could take it more lightheartedly. I'm surprised so many people jumped on the OP so hard about this, gotta be able to laugh sometimes!

jdh71

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
FEMA Camp, USA
Status
Attending Physician
Well, now that most people are matched I suppose you could take it more lightheartedly. I'm surprised so many people jumped on the OP so hard about this, gotta be able to laugh sometimes!
why the **** would that matter to me?