Cryptic AMCAS E-mail!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclachris

Doctor Doctor Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get an email like this from AMCAS

On 06/23/2002, you successfully submitted your AMCAS application to the 2003 entering class. Application processing
takes approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks to complete, and begins once all official transcripts (OTs) required in support of your application are received. Your current OT receipt status is as follows:

1. University Of California-Los Angeles - Received
2. University Of California-Los Angeles - Received

Transcript exceptions are not noted above. Transcripts for which an exception have been requested will be included with a status of "Not Received". Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all requested transcripts are received by AMCAS.

***Post-Submission Changes***
As stated in the application, now that you've submitted your application you may only make changes to the following questions:

**Required and Alternate IDs
**Name, including Full Legal Name, Preferred Name and Alternate Names.
**Contact Information, including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses, and Alternate Contact Information.

E-mail is the primary mode of communication used by AMCAS and your designated Medical Schools. As such, we recommend that keep your preferred e-mail address up-to-date at all times. You must re-certify and re-submit your application after making a change. For additional information about Post-Submission
Changes, visit AMCAS FAQs at http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/

***Checking the Status of your application***
You may check the status of your application throughout the admissions process by returning to your application. Your application's Welcome page is dynamic, meaning that it provides information specific to your application, including processing status and OT receipt status.

In addition, you will receive an e-mail once your application completes the verification process and is made available to your designated schools. For additional information about the methods AMCAS uses to make your application available to your medical schools, visit AMCAS FAQs at http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/

Thank you for using AMCAS, and best wishes during your medical school admissions process.

Why did they send this now? If my app has been "complete" 6/23/02?

Down with AMCAS... There has to be a better way than making us hypertensive at their stupid emails!

C

Members don't see this ad.

I got that email before I submitted my AMCAS. I don't know why they sent you that now, but I wouldn't worry about it. Must have been some mistake with their mass email system.

Yea, I got that strange email this morning... I'm sure it is just an error.

Kirk

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS SUCKS ASS

If this is a mistake, how do we really know if our info has been acurately been transmitted?

You know, they can afford to make mistakes when there are 2 applicants for every spot, because the schools still get kick ass students-- though some get left by the wayside...

ARGH!

Enough Venting.

C

Yeah AMCAS blows everyone knows. But I don't think there is anything to worry about. I've had four interviews already - and just got that email today/yesterday.

kreno