cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys are at the 2nd stage of grief: anger.

Don’t get piss at me. I didn’t tell you to put your hard earned money into BTC.

Next stage: bargaining, probably when BTC hit around $6,000-7000.

Don’t blame the messenger. Blame your barber, your Uber driver, your youtuber, your pharmacist friend. They got you into this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had they only listened to me right?

Members don't see this ad.

You seem oddly emotionally invested in this, far more than a non-invested person should be.

It's so odd how both of them can't stand the thought of people making money in anything other then an index fund.

They so badly want to be right, it's kind of sad.

It's so odd how both of them can't stand the thought of people making money in anything other then an index fund.

Do you know what is odd? It is odd that people don’t look at the results and see who made the right call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check again in 2 years. This is just the first chapter. You will be amazed how much has changed by 2020. Enjoy the ride each day!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I totally get the rightfully warranted skepticism... Just that the invective here borders on projection, as the fervor on the opposite end borders on hysteria.

Do you know what is odd? It is odd that people don’t look at the results and see who made the right call.

To be fair, you probably would be saying the same thing 5 years ago when BTC dropped from $1k to $100.

You seem oddly emotionally invested in this, far more than a non-invested person should be.
Pointing the truth. Who cares if I care to educate more noobs like you. Message is still the same bitcoin is sh1t.

Pointing the truth. Who cares if I care to educate more noobs like you.
Shrug, do you. I'm just not sure that you're convincing anyone except yourself.

Shrug, do you. I'm just not sure that you're convincing anyone except yourself.

Hard to convince noobs that's why the sh1tting needs to be done repeatedly. Keep holding your useless line of code hahaha

To be fair, you probably would be saying the same thing 5 years ago when BTC dropped from $1k to $100.

BTC wasn't even on my radar until recently.

Certainly strange to be obsessed with something you haven’t put money into yourself.... like the Super Bowl has been on and you’ve been in here posting about bitcoin plunging. Why become so fanatic about it when it’s going down? You get your rocks off because you know some people in here put some money in it and you said not to?

Different strokes for diff folks I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
You can compare bitcoin to the early days of email and the internet. It goes through growing pains, and comes back stronger. And the tech behind it is simply beautiful. It is not going anywhere. The tech is already being adopted and its value has been recognized.

Also fair.

You can compare bitcoin to the early days of email and the internet. It goes through growing pains, and comes back stronger. And the tech behind it is simply beautiful. It is not going anywhere. The tech is already being adopted and its value has been recognized.

Since we're talking about Bitcoin being crap, quantum computing poses a real danger to blockchain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Certainly strange to be obsessed with something you haven’t put money into yourself.... like the Super Bowl has been on and you’ve been in here posting about bitcoin plunging. Why become so fanatic about it when it’s going down? You get your rocks off because you know some people in here put some money in it and you said not to?

Different strokes for diff folks I guess.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. If BTC was going thru the roof and I kept on posting good things about it, would that have bothered you? I doubt it.

Look, BTC is a gamble. There will be winners and losers. If it pains you to be on the wrong side of the bet, then you shouldn't have gotten into BTC in the first place. You were way over your head.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. If BTC was going thru the roof and I kept on posting good things about it, would that have bothered you? I doubt it.

Look, BTC is a gamble. There will be winners and losers. If it pains you to be on the wrong side of the bet, then you shouldn't have gotten into BTC in the first place. You were way over your head.
I guess it doesn't hurt to reiterate for those potentially interested in speculating:

Don't invest anything into a speculative market that you are not willing to lose completely. Period. Useful not only practically but psychologically too - so that you don't make emotionally-driven bad calls if you do decide to invest. Invest with a clear head.

Bitcoin is a weird relic of the angst of the Great Recession. It was created because a bunch of right wing skeptics of central banks who thought that replacing government backed fiat currencies with their own inherently deflationary currency...which is also a fiat currency, hilariously...was the future. Almost a decade later, the central banks have pulled the world out of the worst recession since the Great Depression into a booming world economy with low inflation. So the entire premise of currencies needing to be decentralized is sort of a farce. Along with it the initial point of these things.

But that doesn't matter today. What matters is that these currencies have found utility in black market transactions and have lived on past their best by date in this capacity.

Now the technology that these currencies are built on is ingenious. Blockchain. This technology is novel and will live on. What happened is that the original right wing crypto evangelists never gave up their "antifiat" crusade and blockchain emerged as a technology that everyone wants to invest in.

People, for whatever reason, think that investing in a product USING a certain technology is the same as investing in that technology. Blockchain had no patents, so investing in it is impossible.

But because of these factors, people all of a sudden last year decided that Bitcoin, Etherium,Litecoin,etc were going to change the world banking system and it began to become more valuable. This caused speculators to notice. It began to snowball. A bubble formed. And here we are.

It's been fascinating to watch.
People are only buying it because of herd mentality + FOMO of "It keeps going up". A hot air balloon continues to go up also but it doesn't mean a balloon becomes more valuable the higher it goes. All the buyers have a single minded purpose to sell it to a greater fool. They don't like crypto going down because they know the truth about a bag of crap in their hand. That's why they keep promoting to buy this crypto BS or they will lose money. It's in their best interest to have other noobs bidding it higher like a bad insurance agent living off commission. They can't even formulate a rational thought process why they bought in the first place. Participation means trying to predict who the next greater fool is. It's purely speculation and smart investors don't speculate. Very entertaining to watch speculators trying to drive up its price indeed; assigning value when there is none currently.

Watching it go up and down is amusing. It's the most volitile asset I've ever seen. Who knows what each day will bring. $7600 this morning. Where will it be in an hour...who knows.

And there it is again, no one apparently should ever invest in anything that's speculative.

Everyone knows the most important time to invest is at an early age. Just put in $10k over a working career compared to $100k for that climb Bitcoin did just recently from 1k to 10k.

I was close to doing this but didn't get in early enough.

The point is you risk what you are ok with losing, some seem to miss this and need to open their mind.

Does anyone else wonder if the emergence of crypto has anything to do with a concerted effort by foreign actors to challenge the hegemony of the US dollar? I don't mean by random weirdos in the US that think the US should go back to the gold standard...I mean foreign actors as in nations and monied actors (i.e. Opec, Iran, Russia, etc) that would benefit greatly from a weakened dollar...or from a strengthened mechanism for money laundering (Russian oligarchs, cartels, etc). The idea that this was all conceptualized by a single, anonymous pseudo Japanese guy is pretty amazing.

But it got me thinking...I remember watching RT (Russia Today, literally FSB propaganda) back in the day around 2011-2012 or so and they always talked about how the dollar was dead. They'd have a segment a week about it. I always watched it and laughed. Silly Ivan and his propaganda. Which brought me today and what is going on in the US. But with the emergence of social media being a conduit for groupthought and proliferation of foreign propaganda...I wonder if there is anything to the coincidence that once China and Russia got a beachhead into the realm of American social media in late 2016...we started to see Bitcoin take off.

An interesting thought.

More likely, I just have an active imagination.

Last edited:
Does anyone else wonder if the emergence of crypto has anything to do with a concerted effort by foreign actors to challenge the hegemony of the US dollar? I don't mean by random weirdos in the US that think the US should go back to the gold standard...I mean foreign actors as in nations and monied actors (i.e. Opec, Iran, Russia, etc) that would benefit greatly from a weakened dollar...or from a strengthened mechanism for money laundering (Russian oligarchs, cartels, etc). The idea that this was all conceptualized by a single, anonymous pseudo Japanese guy is pretty amazing.

But it got me thinking...I remember watching RT (Russia Today, literally FSB propaganda) back in the day around 2011-2012 or so and they always talked about how the dollar was dead. They'd have a segment a week about it. I always watched it and laughed. Silly Ivan and his propaganda. Which brought me today and what is going on in the US. But with the emergence of social media being a conduit for groupthought and proliferation of foreign propaganda...I wonder if there is anything to the coincidence that once China and Russia got a beachhead into the realm of American social media in late 2016...we started to see Bitcoin take off.
An interesting thought.
More likely, I just have an active imagination.
Interesting theory, but it doesn't hold water once you realize who is actually making money in Russia from crypto.
It's not the traditional friends of Putin.

That, along with the tiny fact that Putin himself just announced that the Russian government is thing to create its own crypto, make it unlikely.

There are giant, giant mining operations going on

The most important rule of crypto is to invest what you are willing to lose. Fortunately, I pulled out my initial investment before the crash so everything here is profit for me. This crash might actually be positive long-term as it shakes out all the weak hands/pure speculators.

Use those price alerts and limit orders.

Lol you’re an odd character.

I have less than 1k invested, it isn’t hurting me one way or another tbh. I’ll see where it ends up in a few years, not panic selling. The fact that you care so much is weird af. “Way over your head” lmao.

It is @9,000 now. If it goes below 8,000 within the next few days then the dam has been broken.....panic sells.

The $8,000 dam has been broken. Panic sells....it is now $6,800.

If you had purchased BTC, what would you do? Sell or hang on?

It's much faster and cheaper transaction wise vs. Btc... I think it will go to $1,000 in time easily.

Just loaded up on more TRX, ADA, XVG, XRP, XLM.

edit:
1508569597_480_bitshares-vs-bitcoin.jpg

LTC is now $116, not $1,000. This fool is still dreaming about his magical coins. People like you are the ones who have driven the price up and up. Hope you didn’t get your friends and family into this mess.

My analysis has been spot on. I even told you to sell when it was dropping and repurchase it later at a lower price if you really believe in it. But you didn’t...you let your emotions and greed to get the best of you.

Last edited:
LTC is now $116, not $1,000. This fool is still dreaming about his magical coins. People like you are the ones who have driven the price up and up. Hope you didn’t get your friends and family into this mess.

My analysis has been spot on. I even told you to sell when it was dropping and repurchase it later at a lower price if you really believe in it. But you didn’t...you let your emotions and greed to get the best of you.

Lol, I can see why the majority of the forum thinks you’re a lunatic. People like me who barely have any skin in the game are driving the price up? Lmao. Crypto is a fun gamble for me, it doesn’t make any difference if it goes to zero.

The Dow and S&P have both been down about 4-5% today, and you’re still focused on some stranger online who is holding onto a small bag of crypto.

Enjoy stroking your ego, it sounds like it’s the only thing you have going for you.

I don't think you totally grasp just how weird you sound and... Just... Just.. There's a Russian word that translates to "inadequate" you seem.

You need to remove your emotional response from these online arguments.

It's weird.

You really take "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" to the next level.

Analysis lol. That right there shows how clueless you are when it comes to speculative trading.

At least I say 50/50, there is no analysis here haha.

Reactions: 1 users
I think we're reaching troll level.

Do people not realize you can be robbed even if you don't have crypto?

I think we're reaching troll level.

Do people not realize you can be robbed even if you don't have crypto?
Not really, there are safe guards with banks.

Atm limit, signature on wire transfer + multiple confirmation, claw back on ACH push/pull, cancellin check, etc. A simple phone call to your bank will fix fraudulent transaction. Transaction is not final with banks and it's not anynomous.

With crypto, good fu3king luck if someone has a gun to your head.

Not really, there are safe guards with banks.

Atm limit, signature on wire transfer + multiple confirmation, claw back on ACH push/pull, cancellin check, etc. A simple phone call to your bank will fix fraudulent transaction. Transaction is not final with banks and it's not anynomous.

With crypto, good fu3king luck if someone has a gun to your head.

Have you never heard of a safe? It's something you put valuables in.

People keep millions of dollars in their homes.

Have you never heard of a safe? It's something you put valuables in.

People keep millions of dollars in their homes.
LMAO where do u live?

ImageUploadedBySDN1517874090.184118.jpg

Interesting picture here. Curious to hear opinions on it? You may as well enlighten us oh stable genius BMB.

The $8,000 dam has been broken. Panic sells....it is now $6,800.

Update: it is now @ $6,500. There is no way to stop the bleeding. I think it could test the $5,000 level. It might face some resistance at the $5,000 level unless there is more bad news.

Update: it is now @ $6,500. There is no way to stop the bleeding. I think it could test the $5,000 level. It might face some resistance at the $5,000 level unless there is more bad news.
Yep, agreed. No buy pressure, unlike the DOW, no double bottom to be found.

I feel for the people who didn't withdraw fiat to pay their enormous tax bills and are sitting at a tax-adjusted loss. Worse still for those who lost it all trading this past month and now only owe taxes on a nonexistent stack. Ton of people sank their life savings into this too... not too bright but still.

Well, one thing's for certain. I'm buying back in at some point. :laugh:

Last edited:
I just have to laugh at this:
LOL. Are you legitimately acoustic?

Laugh all you want, dude.
I was talking about XRP, and i never got as far as uploading my ID.

Even if I had bought it then at $0.75, I'd be down $0.02.

Congrats, Dr. Burry

I said btc below 5000 this year...now it seems this prediction comes way earlier than I thought. Now I say btc is gonna be below 1000 by end year

I said btc below 5000 this year...now it seems this prediction comes way earlier than I thought. Now I say btc is gonna be below 1000 by end year
Possible, but not probable...

i sold all my bitcoin last night. didn't have much, like less than $100 worth, but i got rid of it. there's no point to continue hodling at this point. this **** is hitting the floor, guarantee. probably will be sub $2000 by the end of the month. in fact, i'm going to call that right here right now. this isn't the end of bitcoin though. this is simply a crash that's going to drive the price to the ground, have it stabilize for weeks to months, and then slow/gradual increase. will take a while before it goes back to its peak of 19k, i'm predicting at least 6 months. either way though the obvious decision is to sell everything now, let the price crash, and buy back in at rock bottom

As soon as they get quantum computing going, it's going to be worth $0. So even best case scenario...it's headed to $0 eventually.

Well, do you think the universal computer will allow organic life forms to own personal wealth?

How can BTC be gold 2.0 when it goes down with the stock market?

People are starting to accept that fact that BTC will not go back up to $20,000. They will eventually accept their loss and sell BTC.

How can BTC be gold 2.0 when it goes down with the stock market?

People are starting to accept that fact that BTC will not go back up to $20,000. They will eventually accept their loss and sell BTC.

What about my tulips.?

How can BTC be gold 2.0 when it goes down with stock market?t
Everyone knowst that fact that failing, lowl energy BTC will not go back up to $20,000.
Believe me, i know lots of coins.
Everyone needs to accept the loss and sell BTC.

I'm going to slightly modify your post and see how much it resembles a trump tweet.

Would’ve been nice to have bought more btc at 6200 yesterday and sold at 7800 today.