Cs and Ds: take away acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had several threads like this before but now my paranoia is really kicking in and I am scared my acceptances will get rescinded. So I have a final tomorrow, but I haven't really studied and I don't think I will anymore. Overall, I am 10 points above the average, but if I do badly on the final, I may be equal to the class average which would be a C. In my other class I may get a C as well.

I would like to know specific cases where anyone who had been accepted to med school in the past, and who received 2 or 3 C-s in senior classes after the acceptance, had it pulled away.

Also, in the instance that I do get a D, is it possible to somehow explain your situation so you can still keep your acceptance? I am thinking in the worst case scenario here for grades.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think it will as long as you pass those courses and have your requirments met. but come on, how can you let it come down to this? you run the whole marathon and walk at the end?

Originally posted by jtorres
but come on, how can you let it come down to this? you run the whole marathon and walk at the end?
I know. I'm limping trying to get to the finish line. I'm like a wounded animal on his last leg. I truly should change my name to slackness. :scared: :(

Members don't see this ad :)
please slick try to pull up the grades. its just not worth it! good luck.

c'mon slick, don't let us compers down. didn't you say riverside was easy?

Originally posted by crazy250
c'mon slick, don't let us compers down. didn't you say riverside was easy?
I guess I underestimated its easiness. The few gunners in the class are raising the bar, and I haven't picked up the slack. I spend most of my time on SDN rather than studying. :laugh:

Slick, are you going to be anywhere near Irvine/Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley during spring break? You, Mr. Reddly and I should hang out. Lunch perhaps?

Hey AID,
I'm not sure what I'm doing. I may chill in Riverside for the break. I also have to see the doctor to get a physical done and some immunizations. Maybe, I'll see what happens.

Right now I have to worry about Acing my final. :D

Originally posted by Slickness
I have had several threads like this before but now my paranoia is really kicking in and I am scared my acceptances will get rescinded. So I have a final tomorrow, but I haven't really studied and I don't think I will anymore. Overall, I am 10 points above the average, but if I do badly on the final, I may be equal to the class average which would be a C. In my other class I may get a C as well.

I would like to know specific cases where anyone who had been accepted to med school in the past, and who received 2 or 3 C-s in senior classes after the acceptance, had it pulled away.

Also, in the instance that I do get a D, is it possible to somehow explain your situation so you can still keep your acceptance? I am thinking in the worst case scenario here for grades.

I've been curious about this myself. One of my acceptances said that it was contingent upon my continuing to get good grades (or something like that.) Is this just an idle threat? Exactly how bad do you have to do to have your acceptance revoked. I mean, I definately wouldn't push my luck... but then maybe no one has ever forced them to it. Obviously if you fail a prereq...

I know that there have been past threads on this one. Do a search.

From what I read on those other threads, yes they can and yes they will. Lots of C's should put you in the danger zone.

Just my .02

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I just received a grade for one of my classes that I thought I was going to get a C- or worse. I GOT A B-!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now you may ask why am I so happy I got a B-. A year ago I would have crapped in my pants if I got a B- but now I'm ecstatic as if I got an A. The reason is now I just want to get Bs. :D

CHEERS TO SLACKERS!!! MAY WE ALL BE BLESSED WITH MORE Bs.:clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats on the B- !! :clap: looks like you will make it to the finish line after all. :laugh: :laugh:

Me too Slick! B-!

But we should feel embarrased.. a B- in ECOLOGY. But hey, pretty SLICK grade for someone who only showed up to class a total of 4 times including midterm and final. :)

Originally posted by TTSD
Me too Slick! B-!

But we should feel embarrased.. a B- in ECOLOGY. But hey, pretty SLICK grade for someone who only showed up to class a total of 4 times including midterm and final. :)
I'll say. Although I think of the 25 classes including the final and midterm, I would say I went 10 times. I felt too bad only showing up for the midterm and final. But I did go to every discussion.

Who cares though, now all I need is Bs in my other two classes and I'm set. :D

How about one C? Dangerzone? What is the meaning of "satisfactorily completion of courses..."???

Originally posted by NTM
How about one C? Dangerzone? What is the meaning of "satisfactorily completion of courses..."???
I think it might be unless you have a good reason. Stay in the B zone and I don't think they'll say anything. Even a B- I don't think it would be that bad.

it all varies on the school...some schools specifically say that you better keep your grades at the level you are at right now...so if you have been getting As and Bs...you better continue to get As and Bs.

other schools just want to make sure you pass...and hence i think 1 C is not going to raise up any flags...especially if it just says..."satisfactorily" pass...

threads in the past...there have been examples of people getting their acceptance rescinded cause they slacked off a lot. just dont get it get down to that point. regardless of it being your last semester...just try hard and get the best possible grade like what you have been doing your entire college career.

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Slick, are you going to be anywhere near Irvine/Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley during spring break? You, Mr. Reddly and I should hang out. Lunch perhaps?

if i wasnt so sick right now...id ask if i could join as well...but i stay stick for a while...

any specific examples of people getting their acceptances pulled?

:scared:

Originally posted by medhopeful08
any specific examples of people getting their acceptances pulled?

:scared:

do a search with thread headlines similar to this...

Originally posted by jlee9531
do a search with thread headlines similar to this...

While this is generally a good idea, I really don't recall anyone giving an example of a grade getting an acceptence pulled. There have been plenty of threads like this one, but people just basically kept saying "do well and you won't have to worry about it" or "call the school", but no one gave any proof at all.