1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Cs and Ds: take away acceptance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Adapt, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I have had several threads like this before but now my paranoia is really kicking in and I am scared my acceptances will get rescinded. So I have a final tomorrow, but I haven't really studied and I don't think I will anymore. Overall, I am 10 points above the average, but if I do badly on the final, I may be equal to the class average which would be a C. In my other class I may get a C as well.

I would like to know specific cases where anyone who had been accepted to med school in the past, and who received 2 or 3 C-s in senior classes after the acceptance, had it pulled away.

Also, in the instance that I do get a D, is it possible to somehow explain your situation so you can still keep your acceptance? I am thinking in the worst case scenario here for grades.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i dont think it will as long as you pass those courses and have your requirments met. but come on, how can you let it come down to this? you run the whole marathon and walk at the end?

4. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I know. I'm limping trying to get to the finish line. I'm like a wounded animal on his last leg. I truly should change my name to slackness. :scared: :(

5. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

please slick try to pull up the grades. its just not worth it! good luck.

6. crazy250

crazy250 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

c'mon slick, don't let us compers down. didn't you say riverside was easy?

7. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess I underestimated its easiness. The few gunners in the class are raising the bar, and I haven't picked up the slack. I spend most of my time on SDN rather than studying. :laugh:

8. Spitting Camel

Spitting Camel Anteater for Life!
    7+ Year Member

Slick, are you going to be anywhere near Irvine/Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley during spring break? You, Mr. Reddly and I should hang out. Lunch perhaps?

9. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey AID,
    I'm not sure what I'm doing. I may chill in Riverside for the break. I also have to see the doctor to get a physical done and some immunizations. Maybe, I'll see what happens.

Right now I have to worry about Acing my final. :D

10. Celestron2000

Celestron2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I've been curious about this myself. One of my acceptances said that it was contingent upon my continuing to get good grades (or something like that.) Is this just an idle threat? Exactly how bad do you have to do to have your acceptance revoked. I mean, I definately wouldn't push my luck... but then maybe no one has ever forced them to it. Obviously if you fail a prereq...

11. Sharkfan

Sharkfan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I know that there have been past threads on this one. Do a search.

From what I read on those other threads, yes they can and yes they will. Lots of C's should put you in the danger zone.

Just my .02

12. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I just received a grade for one of my classes that I thought I was going to get a C- or worse. I GOT A B-!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now you may ask why am I so happy I got a B-. A year ago I would have crapped in my pants if I got a B- but now I'm ecstatic as if I got an A. The reason is now I just want to get Bs. :D

CHEERS TO SLACKERS!!! MAY WE ALL BE BLESSED WITH MORE Bs.:clap: :clap: :clap:

13. sistahnik

sistahnik Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    congrats on the B- !! :clap: looks like you will make it to the finish line after all. :laugh: :laugh:

14. TTSD

TTSD Sexually Deprived
    7+ Year Member

Me too Slick! B-!

But we should feel embarrased.. a B- in ECOLOGY. But hey, pretty SLICK grade for someone who only showed up to class a total of 4 times including midterm and final. :)

15. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I'll say. Although I think of the 25 classes including the final and midterm, I would say I went 10 times. I felt too bad only showing up for the midterm and final. But I did go to every discussion.

Who cares though, now all I need is Bs in my other two classes and I'm set. :D

16. NTM

NTM Member
    7+ Year Member

How about one C? Dangerzone? What is the meaning of "satisfactorily completion of courses..."???

17. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it might be unless you have a good reason. Stay in the B zone and I don't think they'll say anything. Even a B- I don't think it would be that bad.

18. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    it all varies on the school...some schools specifically say that you better keep your grades at the level you are at right now...so if you have been getting As and Bs...you better continue to get As and Bs.

other schools just want to make sure you pass...and hence i think 1 C is not going to raise up any flags...especially if it just says..."satisfactorily" pass...

threads in the past...there have been examples of people getting their acceptance rescinded cause they slacked off a lot. just dont get it get down to that point. regardless of it being your last semester...just try hard and get the best possible grade like what you have been doing your entire college career.

19. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    if i wasnt so sick right now...id ask if i could join as well...but i stay stick for a while...

20. medhopeful08

medhopeful08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

any specific examples of people getting their acceptances pulled?

:scared:

21. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    do a search with thread headlines similar to this...

22. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

While this is generally a good idea, I really don't recall anyone giving an example of a grade getting an acceptence pulled. There have been plenty of threads like this one, but people just basically kept saying "do well and you won't have to worry about it" or "call the school", but no one gave any proof at all.

23. Sharkfan

Sharkfan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]