C's in Organic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tydel7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made C's in both OChem I and II and am wondering if I should retake both of them? I see it as another way for me to study for the MCAT and obviously another chance for me to get an A in both. Knowing what I know now and since I have taken other chemistry classes such as clinical chemistry, I know I can make an A in them. I finish my bachelor's in Medical Technology this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to point out, I did make A's in Inorganic Chem I and II and A's in all the Clinical Chem courses

If they were C's and not C minuses, then conventional wisdom says not to retake them. Instead, take Biochemistry or other advanced chem course and do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake them. Do like Xcited says, and make biochem your red-headed step-child.

i dont get it, are they special in some way besides from the fact that their head may look a bit of on fire?

I'm actually in the same boat for this coming application cycle. I wish I had taken biochemistry as a replacement, but I think (hope) you can redeem yourself with a high BS score (even though organic chemistry has been pretty sparse on the MCAT lately).

I did take Biochemistry and got a B+ and as I said before I made A's in the Clinical chemistry courses. Xcited, does that sound like it helps me? Thank you to everyone that has replied.