CS nightmare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sluggo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a US medical student. I am american born and speak english. I am perceptive and an excellent communicator. My greatest strength has always been described as my repoire with patients. I can think on my feet.
I was nervous for CS, and the standardized patients gave me the creeps. I had major problems staying "in character" and dealing with the oddness of the situation. Forgot to wash my hands once, then washed them to start the interview of the next 2 patients just to get it done. Missed obvious things. Forgot to record an exam finding. Need a passingscore to start residency. Feel horrible!!!! Thoughts???

Members don't see this ad.

When did you take Step 2 CS in relation to the end of your third year? Where'd you take it? How is the day structured?

Dude, I didn't finish 1/4 of my notes and I still passed. You'll probably be fine. From what I've heard, I think the USMG's who fail just got their names pulled out of a hat.