Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoya78

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Test

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's just superstition! Prepare for the test and then take it...that's all you need to do.

If there is any such correlation to the timing, it has to do with the people and their mindset around match time. If you fail, it is basically because they pulled your name out of a hat. Just take it, but do not make the mistake of thinking that you will pass it easily as long as you are not ******ed and you know how to see patients. It is a totally artificial situation that is nothing like your clinical rotations. Get First Aid or some such study guide (I am not convinced any one is better than the next) and prepare for it thoroughly. You do not need to worry about the average standardized patient, but just in case you get difficult ones you should prepare for the worst.

That said, on the off chance you do not pass it you should take it is early as possible and leave yourself time for a retake in the slight chance you may need it. This may soud very hard to believe, but trust me, you can do everything right and still fail it.

If there is any such correlation to the timing, it has to do with the people and their mindset around match time. If you fail, it is basically because they pulled your name out of a hat. Just take it, but do not make the mistake of thinking that you will pass it easily as long as you are not ******ed and you know how to see patients. It is a totally artificial situation that is nothing like your clinical rotations. Get First Aid or some such study guide (I am not convinced any one is better than the next) and prepare for it thoroughly. You do not need to worry about the average standardized patient, but just in case you get difficult ones you should prepare for the worst.

That said, on the off chance you do not pass it you should take it is early as possible and leave yourself time for a retake in the slight chance you may need it. This may soud very hard to believe, but trust me, you can do everything right and still fail it.
This may be a silly question, but what makes some CS patients 'difficult'? Is it that the actors make the patient difficult to interact with it, or is it a more difficult chief complaint to handle?

Good luck! Being confident is important for this test - you might have made the right decision for you.