CS Update and who to email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FiveRivers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everone,
I just received my CS score, and I passed. I have read on here before, that I have to "manually" update my profile on ERAS? Can someone tell me what to do? My CS score was the last thing needed for my app to be fully complete. A second question I have is, do I email the PD or is it the PC at the programs I have interviewed at and am very interested in, to let them know I have passed my CS. Thank you for you help!

Members don't see this ad.

you go to eras, click on "documents", then usmle transcript, and on the right side of the page you click retransmit.

as far as i know, all the programs will get the new updated transcript and you don't have to email anyone

Reactions: 1 user
Yes if you just upload it as above, programs should get it. It would certainly be fine to email the PCs at the places you've interviewed as a courtesy, especially if it is a program that requires Step II scores to rank you. I would not email the PD

I updated my transcript more than a week ago. Some programs where I've already been rejected downloaded it, presumably because they're on autopilot. Maybe 2/3 of programs where I interviewed downloaded within a couple days, while the remainder haven't touched it. Do some programs just stop downloading updates at variable points prior to the ranking deadline?

When programs contact the post office, we get EVERYTHING. So, if you've been rejected and your USMLE has been re-downloaded, all that means is that the program simply contact the post office to get their new documents. Some programs may simply wait until after interviews to download their new stuff. Some may simply stop downloading completely.

When programs contact the post office, we get EVERYTHING. So, if you've been rejected and your USMLE has been re-downloaded, all that means is that the program simply contact the post office to get their new documents. Some programs may simply wait until after interviews to download their new stuff. Some may simply stop downloading completely.

The start of my CS reporting period is the day rank lists are due. Let's say I failed. Should I pull myself from the match at the very last minute, or should I move straight to registering for a retake and hope that the ensuing deadlines work themselves out to start on time (which I'm not confident they would with the limited spots available and the long lag in scoring)?

The start of my CS reporting period is the day rank lists are due. Let's say I failed. Should I pull myself from the match at the very last minute, or should I move straight to registering for a retake and hope that the ensuing deadlines work themselves out to start on time (which I'm not confident they would with the limited spots available and the long lag in scoring)?

The latter. And then do anything you can (firefox w/ check4change, begging, pleading, money on plain tickets) to get it retaken early.