CSU c/o 2015 wannabes!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but did anyone's "reciept of transcripts" box disappear? I had one this morning when I checked and now it's gone. I was just wondering if that happened to anyone else. It's perfectly possible I was hallucinating. Stress coupled with sleep depravation does that sometimes...

nevermind! lol

Members don't see this ad.

t-23 hours and 30 minutes.

in that time I have a holiday dinner for work, horses to care for, biochemistry finals to conquer, and a drive to CT.

but what am I going to be thinking of the whole time... that CSU is finally going to give me an answer, good or bad. I have been running through lots of different scenarios in my head... oh the turmoil :scared:

At this point of waiting, I just want to know either way. Then that part of the worrying can stop.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let ya'll know (if someone hasn't told you already, sorry if they did) that if you get rejected it's not the end of the world. They rank their rejectees and the top 7 get invited to do a special program (I forget the name). If you successfully complete that year you're automatically enrolled into their DVM program. I got rejected from CSU around this time and got the invite for the special program around mid-late January. Keep hope alive!! :) Happy Holidays!

Just wanted to let ya'll know (if someone hasn't told you already, sorry if they did) that if you get rejected it's not the end of the world. They rank their rejectees and the top 7 get invited to do a special program (I forget the name). If you successfully complete that year you're automatically enrolled into their DVM program. I got rejected from CSU around this time and got the invite for the special program around mid-late January. Keep hope alive!! :) Happy Holidays!

And we actually have 2 SDNers who ended up doing that program after the 2013 cycle and began the veterinary curriculum with the class of 2014, too! I haven't seen them post in awhile though, wonder how they're doing...

fact: I have an hour til my biochem final and all I can think about is CSU. I swear they did this on purpose. 7 hours and 45 minutes! ahhhhhhh

If they for some reason do not post today... I am going to probably going to go into hibernation, forever.

fact: I have an hour til my biochem final and all I can think about is CSU. I swear they did this on purpose. 7 hours and 45 minutes! ahhhhhhh

If they for some reason do not post today... I am going to probably going to go into hibernation, forever.

Are we sure it's going to be posted at a specific time today, or is it just 'by that time' today?

IE - should we frantically check all day, or just at the end of today? :)

Are we sure it's going to be posted at a specific time today, or is it just 'by that time' today?

IE - should we frantically check all day, or just at the end of today? :)

Yeah, I probably will anyway. The announcement says admit decisions will be posted at 3pm (MT).

So I think that means at that time and no earlier, but who knows! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :xf:

I'm kinda glad none of the schools I've applied to have an actual 'countdown'... seems a bit stressful. Well, you know you'll know soon, and there's something to be said for that.

Good luck!

futurevet good luck on your final!! I know how you feel! I have butterflies in my stomach! I can't think about anything, even though I know my chances of getting in are close to 0% :oops:

.... I'll be at work for least 3 more hours - I'm going to be so antsy to get out of the clinic tonight and check for updates!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got denied, as well. But I was OOS, and I just found out today that I got an interview at my IS school. So it's OK.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!!!!!:luck::luck::luck:

Good luck everyone else, I want to hear some good news here!!!

Got denied and burnt my pizza while typing an inquiry to Dr. Sherry Stewart. Really really sad about pizza.

Congrats on interview w/ IS, lareinesolei!

Good luck everyone else, I want to hear some good news here!!!

Got denied and burnt my pizza while typing an inquiry to Dr. Sherry Stewart. Really really sad about pizza.

Congrats on interview w/ IS, lareinesolei!

Sorry about the pizza. I feel bad for Dr. Stewart. She's about to get a deluge of emails.

Can't say that I'm too bummed about this rejection -- applying to CSU was more of a wishful thing and I never really even considered that I would get in. Let's hope someone gets some good news, though! This thread is going to become a real downer if we all get rejected.

Ya denied here. Not as bummed as I thought I was gonna be. Just waiting for the rest of schools. Gl to rest.

Thank you, bruin33. Ate the pizza anyway. Too hungry.

Does anyone know approximately how many people applied OOS last year?

In the immortal words of Suze Orman:

Dee-nied!

Was pretty much expecting it given I was denied a spot in the MPH/DVM program.

Let the commiseration begin... Beers all around!! :p

:thumbdown:

Denied as well, but like most of you I was expecting this...

Good luck everyone who is waiting to hear back and Congrats to those who made it!

Let the commiseration begin... Beers all around!! :p

Amen and cheers!
Dr. Stewart is bracing for the deluge of inquiries with an auto-reply. "Won't get back to 'ya for several weeks blah blah"

Damn :(

Sorry everyone. I won't check until I get home, but I'm not feeling too confident...

I can't believe it!!! I got in! Someone just told me I should buy a lottery ticket...I said I didn't need to because I already won!! I'm in state, though, which helps.

I hadn't told most of my coworkers I was even applying to vet school this year...I think they all figured it out in the last 10 minutes ;).

I'm sorry to everyone with bad news :(. Beers all around - hang in there, I'm sure (like lareinesoleil! congrats!) there's good news around the corner!

I can't believe it!!! I got in! Someone just told me I should buy a lottery ticket...I said I didn't need to because I already won!! I'm in state, though, which helps.

I hadn't told most of my coworkers I was even applying to vet school this year...I think they all figured it out in the last 10 minutes ;).

I'm sorry to everyone with bad news :(. Beers all around - hang in there, I'm sure (like lareinesoleil! congrats!) there's good news around the corner!

Serious congratulations to you! Glad to see someone get good news today from CSU.

OMG I don't even know you but I'm so happy for you light 10!!!
Wanna share your stats if you don't mind?

Congratulations!!

Holy S****! I got in! After 3 tries, 3rd time is the charm! For those of you that didn't get in, hang in there, keep your heads up, and perservere! It WILL pay off in the end!

Denied! Was expecting it so it's not so bad. :) Congrats to you light!!!!!!!!!!! That's crazy exciting!

Holy S****! I got in! After 3 tries, 3rd time is the charm! For those of you that didn't get in, hang in there, keep your heads up, and perservere! It WILL pay off in the end!
Wow!!!! Awesome EveyG! :):):)

congrats!!!! so happy to see SDNers getting accepted!!!!!!!

:highfive: EveyG!! Way to go! It's great that all your hard work paid off.

OOS - I was made an alternate. Anyone know how many people are on the alternate list???

Congrats to the accepted! Way to go!! :thumbup:

And eagles - congrats on the OOS alternate status! Don't know how many there are, but at a 2% acceptance rate for OOS you should be damn proud of yourself! **pats eagles on the back**

Now, I wonder if we will see the rarest of all species... The OOS acceptance!

OOS- denied :( Congrats to those who got in though

Anyone know how the email file review works? Do you have to ask specific questions or can you just ask what was wrong with your application?

Congrats everyone who got in!! That is truly fabulous!! -- Mind sharing Stats??

I on the other hand am going to go have some drinks with some friends tonight.... :rolleyes:

OOS- denied :( Congrats to those who got in though

Anyone know how the email file review works? Do you have to ask specific questions or can you just ask what was wrong with your application?

Oh great question!! I am curious about that answer as well!!

:eek: I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!:eek:

3rd time was my charm too! I wouldn't have re-applied without the SDN support. Thanks guys!

Congrats to all the others who get accetped and for those of you who didn't....keep trying cause it will happen, I'm one of em' to prove it.

OH I AM SOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the year for third timers at CSU!!!!!! I'm in too!!!

I knew it!! Totally called it! Was talking to my husband and I said, you know what? She's got all these options this year, so I bet CSU lets her in...

Haha. Congrats!!!!!

Thanks! But i know... doesn't that figure.! I'd write more but i'm at the airport on my phone going to KS for an interview! Irony, that's all
Oh and elation.

OOS- Denied

Congrats to all who got in though!! I received Purdue's invite today so I was pretty happy haha.

Hey guys,

Just got back to my hotel room. Still in Ohio. Had my interview here today, which was kind of amusing. I'll be posting in the Ohio thread about that. Just checked the CSU portal. I'm in. Eventually I'll post stats in the "successful..." thread, but they may not be so helpful to traditional applicants because I am so much older than y'all.

Big congrats to those who've heard good news today from CSU. And big hugs to those who didn't make it.

I see Gone 2 Dogs is off on another interview. So many choices, whatever will she do? She is my hero this year! Amazing.