Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10ninja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I plan on applying, but one thing I noticed is that CSUDH has become EXTREMELY competitive. The program isn't very long and it's dirt cheap. So yeah.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree! Just put yourself in a position to succeed. If you get all of those done, no doubt you'll be accepted as CSUDH! Good grades and diversity is what they like :)

I'm applying this summer as well. I'm a bit nervous since I have heard CSUDH has become quite competitive, although I am hoping the new requirements lessens the competition. I wonder if they are going to be doing interviews this year too! I just need to keep thinking positive thoughts and not freak myself out. :)

Can anyone tell me what specifically has changed in the requirements? I was told by a former CSUDH OT alumni that you always needed to have a bachelors degree finished already.

Can anyone tell me what specifically has changed in the requirements? I was told by a former CSUDH OT alumni that you always needed to have a bachelors degree finished already.
Yes, you always needed to have your bachelors finished, but before you could have to prerequisites in progress when you applied. Now they want you to have all the prerequisites done by the time the application is due

Yes, you always needed to have your bachelors finished, but before you could have two prerequisites in progress when you applied. Now they want you to have all the prerequisites done by the time the application is due

Hi everyone,
I just got rejected from USC , and I am super bummed right now.
Since CSUDH is the next program I am applying for, I appreciate if any of you could offer any advice that you think helped you got accepted?
I see several students all with various stats (from high gpa's & gre's to average gpa's & gre's) which made me curious on the acceptance criteria and how to boost my chances.
My stats are:
University: UCLA
Cumulative GPA: 3.075 yes that that low --> Chemistry Major
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153Q, 151V, 4AWA
Volunteer: 90 in hand therapy, 50 physical rehab, 100 pediatric, probably more after this summer

I was also curious of CSUDH looks at your UNDERGRAD GPA or your CUMULATIVE GPA?
If so, how does this work for students who spent the first 2 years in community college and then transferred to a university? Does CSUDH only look at the GPA of the years you spent at university? If so, my GPA is much lower than listed above since I took a majority of my pre-req courses AFTER i finished undergrad and that means I pretty much can't apply to CSUDH if they only look at UNDERGRAD GPA since there is no way to raise it at all with classes taken after you graduate, which is kinda dumb if you ask me because it screws over people who had either a difficult major for undergrad or did not perform well during undergrad, giving them no way to redeem their GPA.

I was also wondering if CSUDH, takes your highest score from each section of the GRE (like USC does) or do they look at your best overall scores from one sitting?

Sorry for so many questions. I am just so lost, distraught, and discouraged right now having just been rejected to USC. I am just trying to get things in perspective right now. Thank you all in advanced for your help, I appreciate it!