CT resident 3.55 gpa 34S MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoxMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. As I haven't heard from any schools in the past three weeks I'm beginning to second guess my application. In addition to what is below, I've been small pooled as Rosalind Franklin. Also been on hold at GWU for quite a while.

Undergraduate College: Top 25
Undergraduate Area of Study: Physical Sciences
MCAT: BS 10, PS 13, VR 11, S
Overall GPA: 3.50+
Science GPA: 3.40+

350 hrs on-campus EMT-B work
380 hrs Emergency Department volunteer

450 hrs non-clinical volunteering with Special Olympics and service trip
AMCAS submitted: 6/19/2012

Application Complete and heard nothing:
Albany Medical College
Case Western Reserve University
Creighton University
George Washington University
Georgetown University
Jefferson Medical College
Loyola University Chicago
New York University
Rosalind Franklin University
Rush Medical College
Temple University
The Commonwealth Medical College
Tufts University
Tulane University
University of Connecticut
University of Rochester
Virginia Tech Carilion
Yale University
Drexel University

Rejected from:
Boston University

Invited for Interview:
New York Medical College
Hofstra University

Am I worrying unnecessarily or should I only expect a few(2-4) II total?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you shadowed? That's the only potential problem I see.
Don't sweat it though, 2 IIs in Early October is fine. These neurotic sdners have got you paranoid!

Even if you don't get accepted, do a smidgen of shadowing and do a post bac and research and places will eat you up next year.

Have you shadowed? That's the only potential problem I see.
Don't sweat it though, 2 IIs in Early October is fine. These neurotic sdners have got you paranoid!

Even if you don't get accepted, do a smidgen of shadowing and do a post bac and research and places will eat you up next year.

Thanks for the advice. I noticed the same shadowing deficiency in my application. I've done 10 hours of shadowing this month so far with more scheduled. Should I update schools about this prior to receiving an II? Should I wait until I have a "significant" amount of shadowing? What is significant lol?

Thanks for the advice. I noticed the same shadowing deficiency in my application. I've done 10 hours of shadowing this month so far with more scheduled. Should I update schools about this prior to receiving an II? Should I wait until I have a "significant" amount of shadowing? What is significant lol?

20+, though 30-50 would be best. This is by no means final advice, but if it were me I'd wait til mid November to send the update letter.