Curbing cheating on campus at kent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VolibearMain

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you deal with cheating? A group of students, " friends" get the answer key to a problem based learning case which we are tested on. Further more they get access to the exam/quiz. They are the only people who respond a specific question with the right answer while everyone else responds with the logical answer. They pass the stuff around text so reporting it to admin is futile

Members don't see this ad.

How exactly do you deal with cheating? A group of students, " friends" get the answer key to a problem based learning case which we are tested on. Further more they get access to the exam/quiz. They are the only people who respond a specific question with the right answer while everyone else responds with the logical answer. They pass the stuff around text so reporting it to admin is futile

Go up to the second floor (up the stairs in the rotunda), there are offices in there and you can report your concerns to any of the ladies that work there (Barb, Heidi, Steph).

I'm pretty sure you live in a different reality than all of the other 124 people in the class. Do you really think people in our class hacked examsoft somehow, and got the quizzes? And because we actually participated in the PBL instead of being on here complaining the whole time, we got the answer key?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just because you decided to post bad things about all of us and the school and none of us like you anymore, doesn't mean you have to go on here saying completely made up things about us. Grow up and leave if you don't like it here.

Reactions: 2 users
Bro, it was a group assignment that will be receiving a completion grade.

Reactions: 1 users
Go up to the second floor (up the stairs in the rotunda), there are offices in there and you can report your concerns to any of the ladies that work there (Barb, Heidi, Steph).
Dont feed into him haha

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to just leave this here.

VolibearMain, you're not anywhere near as anonymous as you think you are. I'd be very careful about what you post here as it can be linked right back to you. It's not exactly hard to figure out who people are on SDN. Upsetting your class as well as a large chunk of your upperclassmen before the 1st week is over is definitely not a good way to start off your medical school experience.

KSUCPM is a small school, after all.

If cheating is upsetting to you, then so be it, ive seen the answer key in students hands myself. My grade is independent of your thoughts of who
i am, and its highly unlikely you know who I am given what people have said so far.
I'm going to just leave this here.

VolibearMain, you're not anywhere near as anonymous as you think you are. I'd be very careful about what you post here as it can be linked right back to you. It's not exactly hard to figure out who people are on SDN. Upsetting your class as well as a large chunk of your upperclassmen before the 1st week is over is definitely not a good way to start off your medical school experience.

KSUCPM is a small school, after all.

hmmmm let me see. You talk a lot about the Caribbean med schools on here, same in real life. You went back home to "Asia", you told everyone you went to India for the summer. You are interest in residencies in Hawaii on here, same thing you talked to us about. I could go on and on. We ALL know exactly who you are. Your antics on SDN are not only embarrassing yourself but the rest of us at KSUCPM. Just get off this platform and focus on other things if you can't control yourself.

Cheating isn't upsetting to us, because it is made up just like that $10,000 scholarship. You're upsetting.

If cheating is upsetting to you, then so be it, ive seen the answer key in students hands myself. My grade is independent of your thoughts of who
i am, and its highly unlikely you know who I am given what people have said so far.
Lets just say that the Lion King profile pic is pretty lame.

I know exactly who you are, as do a lot of other people (both 1st and 2nd years). There aren't that many people in the school who went to the Carribbean, plays League of Legends and asks non-stop questions about how they can do the least amount of work possible to get by. Exactly one person, actually. But hey, don't believe me. It's your reputation on the line, after all.

I don't believe for a second that you wouldn't know what to do if you actually saw cheating. You're merely here to spread rumors and defame the school.

Last edited:
hmmmm let me see. You talk a lot about the Caribbean med schools on here, same in real life. You went back home to "Asia", you told everyone you went to India for the summer. You are interest in residencies in Hawaii on here, same thing you talked to us about. I could go on and on. We ALL know exactly who you are. Your antics on SDN are not only embarrassing yourself but the rest of us at KSUCPM. Just get off this platform and focus on other things if you can't control yourself.
As i said, you dont have a clue of who I am. And confirmed. Meanwhile, the facts stay the same, and this is a post about the school, on a forum, if you have an issue with it, log off

Members don't see this ad :)
Report it and move on.

While I may not be as harsh as your classmates, your attitude, self-awareness, and lack of social cues are very worrying.

Honest to goodness man- take some initiative privately and report it, then move on. I have no doubt you have the intellect to succeed in podiatry school. It is your attitude, maturity, and social skills that need work.

There is no need to **** on an entire program in a public forum when you can handle these issues privately. We all want you to do well but the way you go about it is not helping your case.

Report it and move on.

While I may not be as harsh as your classmates, your attitude, self-awareness, and lack of social cues are very worrying.

Honest to goodness man- take some initiative privately and report it, then move on. I have no doubt you have the intellect to succeed in podiatry school. It is your attitude, maturity, and social skills that need work.

There is no need to **** on an entire program in a public forum when you can handle these issues privately. We all want you to do well but the way you go about it is not helping your case.
Social demeanor is one thing man. When you work with people who dont put in any effort and slack off, yet cheat and pull off answers for quizzes and then get the answers right is upsetting. As reporting would make it obvious who I am since they would confront the students with my name, and as of now these people dont know, it could become a problem. You can see people here are vindictive and are butthurt over the falacies of the school, and their own level of competence.

Report it and move on.

The problem is that this person has no common sense. He is trashing our program on here with things that are completely made up. This "answer sheet" for the completion PBL he is talking about was posted on blackboard by the professor, he is just too dumb to know that because the first class he attended was the one with the quiz. All of the rest of us love the PBL learning. All of us did fine on the quiz, except him apparently.

By telling him to "report it", your backing up this claim that it is a real problem. Everything this person has said on here has been completely made up. Kent is awesome and 124/125 of us get along great.

But he does have the fact that "his parents net worth is more than all of our parents combined" going for him

The problem is that this person has no common sense. He is trashing our program on here with things that are completely made up. This "answer sheet" for the completion PBL he is talking about was posted on blackboard by the professor, he is just too dumb to know that because the first class he attended was the one with the quiz. All of the rest of us love the PBL learning. All of us did fine on the quiz, except him apparently.

By telling him to "report it", your backing up this claim that it is a real problem. Everything this person has said on here has been completely made up. Kent is awesome and 124/125 of us get along great.

But he does have the fact that "his parents net worth is more than all of our parents combined" going for him

You seem to have a lot of insecurities you have about who ever you think I am. Perhaps seek some wellness counseling if personal attacks are your way of dealing with them.

I am not referring to a sheet that the professor has posted on blackboard, yet another sheet of paper with direct information logged on it.
You should speak for yourself when you speak about PBL learning because a good portion of people around me agree the way it is being conducted is inefficient, and does not prepare us for the quiz since we do not know what objectives to follow or the depth to get into. Other students may have more information, while we are being tested on our google research skills (for a good chunk of a grade) and no way to check our answers.
As far as cheating goes, enough students went on google on their laptops in between sessions and verified their answers before moving onto the next session, while the IT technicians were working on someone's laptop. External notes were not allowed.
I did fine on the quiz with the exception of the question that most students got wrong. And I attended all the histology lectures yet so far. Try to keep your assumptions at a minimum.
I am getting along fine with most people I come across at Kent, my job isn't to socialize, I have to get through classes and again, if you have insecurities, you should work on them.

If you've actually seen cheating, then go tell someone high up. Don't go running to the anonymous internet people

You seem to have a lot of insecurities you have about who ever you think I am. Perhaps seek some wellness counseling if personal attacks are your way of dealing with them.

I am not referring to a sheet that the professor has posted on blackboard, yet another sheet of paper with direct information logged on it.
You should speak for yourself when you speak about PBL learning because a good portion of people around me agree the way it is being conducted is inefficient, and does not prepare us for the quiz since we do not know what objectives to follow or the depth to get into. Other students may have more information, while we are being tested on our google research skills (for a good chunk of a grade) and no way to check our answers.
As far as cheating goes, enough students went on google on their laptops in between sessions and verified their answers before moving onto the next session, while the IT technicians were working on someone's laptop. External notes were not allowed.
I did fine on the quiz with the exception of the question that most students got wrong. And I attended all the histology lectures yet so far. Try to keep your assumptions at a minimum.
I am getting along fine with most people I come across at Kent, my job isn't to socialize, I have to get through classes and again, if you have insecurities, you should work on them.

So did the people have an answer key like you first said, or the questions to the quiz like you said next, or was it actually google? Because this is the 3rd one than you have randomly picked. Also, was it the $10,000 scholarship or the $2,500? We still haven't cleared that one up.

If you've actually seen cheating, then go tell someone high up. Don't go running to the anonymous internet people

I will not report it to administration. As you can see you have people here who are more interested in personal attacks than the fact people cheated. I assume the administration will read this at some point and investigate on their own.

I think I speak for the VAST majority, if not the rest of the class, when I say there was no "cheat sheet" circulating throughout the PBL activity. That being said, you should definitely contact administration if you have definitive proof if you feel otherwise. Also, considering that the entire class participated with raising hands on what the answer to your particular question was, you ultimately made the decision to choose whichever answer you wanted.

I will not report it to administration. As you can see you have people here who are more interested in personal attacks than the fact people cheated. I assume the administration will read this at some point and investigate on their own.

The only one who has made any sort of attack is you. Both against your fellow classmatess as well as the program.

I think I speak for the VAST majority, if not the rest of the class, when I say there was no "cheat sheet" circulating throughout the PBL activity. That being said, you should definitely contact administration if you have definitive proof if you feel otherwise. Also, considering that the entire class participated with raising hands on what the answer to your particular question was, you ultimately made the decision to choose whichever answer you wanted.

Like I said in my original post, what a student has on their phone, is not mine to show to administration. I definitely saw an answer key for the PBL, and definitely saw people google searching in between the quizzes. And I've heard people had access to that quiz. There are files that are circulated, it isn't my job to play scooby doo and search what is true and what isnt, like the guy above me wants. There definitely was some cheating going on by what I saw.

With the exception of one question, I am doing fine in the classes so far (although we have to carry our team's weight for PBL's since they do not want to put any effort into thorough research). So reporting it is just a negative experience for me, and a waste of time. Especially when the files are on someones phone and they can just delete it.

The purpose of this post is to let anyone who does read it, know the issues about Kent, that you dont see behind the curtains. And currently, for first semester, it is in a state of disrepair.

Not sure if this will reach people like the rumors did, but:
To the people at Kent State who were offended by my previous posts. I'm sorry.

I should have given the school more time, beyond the first week, before making a judgment, it was a frustrating first week with the curriculum changes and not being able to get advice from upper-term'ers. I should have reacted to it more calmly.
And I should have considered things more carefully before accusing students of cheating.
Hopefully you can forgive me for it, and we can move past this onto a successful semester ahead.

Ill keep my attitude toned down from now on.
----
P.S. who ever is sending anonymous death threats, you're taking things too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.