1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

cures for stress induced insomnia?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by stoic, Mar 15, 2004.

1. stoic

stoic "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

it's 4:22 am. have 8:30 class tomorrow. midterms tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. haven't been to sleep before 3 am for the past week. MCAT to study for. letters of recomendation to aquire. phone calls to make. emails to send. AURRGHHHHH..... spring break 5 days away.... ahhhhhhhhh.

seriously though, what do you guys do for insomnia? all suggestions (humorous, serious, stupid, etc) appriciated.

:sleep: (i wish)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eyecon82

Eyecon82 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

get high...it works (just joking)

makes you eat a lot and pass right out

3. (nicedream)

(nicedream) Fitter Happier
    7+ Year Member

Benzodiazapines.

4. Xanderain

Xanderain Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Nyquil all the way baby.

5. drbrowneyes

drbrowneyes Member
    7+ Year Member

I find that turkey knocks me right out and also warm milk if you are not lactose intolerant.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

I try to cut back on the caffeine. I'd also suggest a couple of mixed drinks before going to bed. White russians or screwdrivers work for me.

If you're desperate, Tylenol sells a sleep aid which is the same ingredient as Tylenol PM without the acetaminophen. Also, like someone suggested before, you could try smoking weed. I would recommend pure Jamaican if you can get it. I hear that stuff will knock you right the hell out.

If none of that works then you better start with the prescription pills.

7. raptor5

raptor5 Fooled by Randomness
    15+ Year Member

ETOH, Benzos, and THC.

Reduce your stress level by engaging in some sort of physical exercise. It is hard to sleep when your stress levels are through the roof.

8. that dr. jack

that dr. jack Captain Bringdown
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Mastaurbation or a couple shots of vodka work pretty well for mildly stressful nights.

For a really bad night, tylenol #3 (2, or 3 if you really want to feel good) is the gold standard for me because I never feel groggy the next morning unlike with tylenol PM or nyquil. I have yet to try soma, vicodin or the truly wonderful ativan but I've heard they're all nice too. Let all your muscles go limp, and wear ear plugs if sounds aggrevate the situation.

9. kmwmorris

kmwmorris Member
    7+ Year Member

take an ativan, record that Clear Eyes commercial with that monotone dude and watch it over and over and over. Or you could watch Saved by the Bell re-runs...