Quantcast

cures for stress induced insomnia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
it's 4:22 am. have 8:30 class tomorrow. midterms tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. haven't been to sleep before 3 am for the past week. MCAT to study for. letters of recomendation to aquire. phone calls to make. emails to send. AURRGHHHHH..... spring break 5 days away.... ahhhhhhhhh.

seriously though, what do you guys do for insomnia? all suggestions (humorous, serious, stupid, etc) appriciated.

:sleep: (i wish)

Eyecon82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
get high...it works (just joking)

makes you eat a lot and pass right out

drbrowneyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find that turkey knocks me right out and also warm milk if you are not lactose intolerant.

Fenrezz

AT Stills Worst Nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I try to cut back on the caffeine. I'd also suggest a couple of mixed drinks before going to bed. White russians or screwdrivers work for me.

If you're desperate, Tylenol sells a sleep aid which is the same ingredient as Tylenol PM without the acetaminophen. Also, like someone suggested before, you could try smoking weed. I would recommend pure Jamaican if you can get it. I hear that stuff will knock you right the hell out.

If none of that works then you better start with the prescription pills.

raptor5

Fooled by Randomness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ETOH, Benzos, and THC.

Reduce your stress level by engaging in some sort of physical exercise. It is hard to sleep when your stress levels are through the roof.

that dr. jack

Captain Bringdown
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mastaurbation or a couple shots of vodka work pretty well for mildly stressful nights.

For a really bad night, tylenol #3 (2, or 3 if you really want to feel good) is the gold standard for me because I never feel groggy the next morning unlike with tylenol PM or nyquil. I have yet to try soma, vicodin or the truly wonderful ativan but I've heard they're all nice too. Let all your muscles go limp, and wear ear plugs if sounds aggrevate the situation.

kmwmorris

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
take an ativan, record that Clear Eyes commercial with that monotone dude and watch it over and over and over. Or you could watch Saved by the Bell re-runs...