CURES for the Application Blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomjr

Life is peachy!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some things that are helping me cope:

My record collection!!
~esp. John Coltrane's Impulse recordings and Beethoven's Symphony #3

Martinis made with Stoli Gold
~iced glass, fill with voldka straight from the freezer, garnish with a twist, wave the vermouth bottle over the top :D

Distance running

My Ultimate Frisbee club team here at BU

The Monsters Inc. DVD

anyone care to share theirs?

cheers,

Tom

Members don't see this ad.

How many schools are you waiting on?

How is BU these days...haven't been over to see my buddy in awhile...still wishing you had a football team ??? JK;)

swimming

a few drinks (and maybe even a little dancing) every once in a while to release some steam

going away for the weekend

not talking about the application process with friends/family

reality tv

checking sdn...yeah right :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hardcore dance-a-thons every weekend

Running

Bitching to my s.o.

Playing with my puppy

Remembering that I've already gotten several acceptances...

Walking my dog. (not a puppy. she's 9)

Sleeping

Helping my parents move for 2 full weeks. (Not such a great coping method since now I have to cope with the move and unpacking.)

Watching really bad singers on American Idol refuse to believe that they should "never, ever sing again." :D

training horses
reading books
visiting SDN - like lola
trying to get into shape for officer's school through HPSP

:D

Talking to my boyfriend

Watching movies like About A Boy (if you haven't seen it, rent it. I highly recommend it)

Helping my little cousin with her Reading homework. (She is in 2nd grade and the cutest little girl)

Reality TV is a must

Watching old Buffy the Vampire Slayer reruns

Originally posted by applegirl

Watching movies like About A Boy (if you haven't seen it, rent it. I highly recommend it)

it's out on video?! that is definitely my favorite movie of last year. i had read the book a couple of years ago (didn't think it was as good as high fidelity) and was pleasantly surprised when i went to the theater and saw the movie -- very funny, yet touching, etc...

How's about egging or tee peeing the houses or practices of ad com members who rejected/waitlisted you?:laugh: :laugh: That would be fun, but wouldn't help much

or hows about this? Having a puppet show with 4 and 5 year olds. I did this yesterday with my pre-kindergarten class and it was fun! however, if you're not into kids it might be kinda stressful:laugh:

Watching those damn dating reality shows with my fiance

Keeping it real on SDN

Downloading a ton of music

Skiing my ass off in CO and at Taos

Trying NOT to work and enjoy the months before I have no life