curious about applicants from Brown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b-real

What, me worry?
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been curious (for no real reason) about Brown's innovative curriculum. It's my understanding that the school allows students to take all classes on the Credit or No Credit basis. How is the AMCAS GPA computed if that's the case? Any help?

Members don't see this ad.

b-real said:
I've been curious (for no real reason) about Brown's innovative curriculum. It's my understanding that the school allows students to take all classes on the Credit or No Credit basis. How is the AMCAS GPA computed if that's the case? Any help?

They have narrative evaluations for courses w/o grades, but I think it would be any pre-med's kiss of death to not take the courses for a grade, so I'm sure the Brown pre-meds do not take every single course credit/no credit.

Brown doesn't offer the opportunity to take classes "credit/no credit." Instead, you have the option of taking every class on a pass/fail basis. However, due to competitive medical school admissions policies most of the premeds at Brown (unless they are in the PLME program) take the premedical courses for a grade. Brown's pass/fail system is designed to encourage students to venture out and take courses that are out of a particular student's comfort level, but this doesn't usually apply to premedical classes.