Curious about something...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OwlMyste

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about something...this may sound stupid to you, but it's a question I would like to have answered by someone who is unbiast...well here goes...

Do anesthesiologists sit down during surgery while they are at the patients head, etc..? the reason I ask is it looks like they do from partial pictures i have seen, but I just want to know for certain if they do or not...

Members don't see this ad.

jessica,

certainly not a stupid question, just refreshingly humble in light of another particular topic on this board! :D (j/k!)

i think a lot of it depends on 1) the nature of the procedure and 2) the attending. if it's a quick procedure with lots of turnover in the room, there's really no time to have a seat. also, if the case is very intense with an unstable patient requiring lots of "fine tuning," you probably wouldn't sit down either. conversely, if you are in a 4,6,8,10,12+ hour procedure with a relatively stable patient, i think you'd probably opt for the comfy seat yourself, no? (again, there are some that might not......)

Originally posted by OwlMyste

Do anesthesiologists sit down during surgery?

Why of course they do. Have you forgotten the ABCs of Anesthesia?

Airway
Book
Chair

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Dr. Cuts

Airway
Book
Chair

;)

:laugh: well I wasn't informed of an ABC's of Anesthesia...'cause I'm not a med student yet! :p

:cool:

Airway
Book
Chair

;)

Hey Cuts,

With a sales pitch like that, it's no wonder that the gas match is getting so tough!!!! Looks like there'll be NO seats left next year post-match, eh? :laugh:

Airway
Book
Chair

;)

I learned them as:

Airway
Break
Coffee
Donut
Extubate
read Funnies
Go Home

I loved my anesthesia rotation. My favorite rotation of 4th year along with my EM AI.

mike

Originally posted by mikecwru
I learned them as:

Airway
Break
Coffee
Donut
Extubate
read Funnies
Go Home

I loved my anesthesia rotation. My favorite rotation of 4th year along with my EM AI.

mike

thats cool as hell.....tell me mike...what was your Anesthesia Rotation like? tell me everything, cause I'm thinking of going into it myself...what are the pros and cons? how many hrs a week do Anesthesiologists work? (in and out of residency)?
thanks for the info if you wanna give it...:cool: