Curious, anyone on this board from a Carib Med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2b20004

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on this board from a Carib Med school or an alumni of one, if so would you mind sharing where you went/go and how it is and if you recommend it to others without being biased.

Thanks,

Mike

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the carribean forum (scroll down farther).

1SwtWrld said:
Check out the carribean forum (scroll down farther).
well i meant anyone who writes on the allo. forum. I am aware there is a carib forum. I am just wondering if any of them are posting here and whats there story, why they decide on it, do they like it, were they drop outs of US med schools, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
Went to MUA on Nevis... did that cause i didn't want to retake science courses and MCAT. there were a lot of americans who were EMTs, nurses, Pharmacologists, PAs, etc... at this school.. and a lot of people from middle east, sri lanka and india but living now in Canada or US (most born and brought up in these two western countries)

I do know of 3 students who were from US medical schools. One was because she admittedly fooled around too much and so by the time she regretted and turned around the school told her that she was gone... another couple - don't know their story. some came straight from african countries (got scholarships) and most would go back to europe / africa.

it is beautiful and if you can take advantage of the location - it is worth it. many though have too much fun and later on regret it.. so it's upto you to study hard and enjoy the location :thumbup: i missed my family and felt lonely except for a few friends. if u r single u might have a better social life ;)

I would first recommend that people try in US first before choosing to go to school outside... i wish i had done that first... If you are a diplomat and can ignore rumors and not get run down by the cut throatish people, u r good to go.. .. well... it's really not that bad , just sometimes it feels like it.. i did enjoy the sun and the beach and the eating out. met some incredible people and on the whole i am happy with my experience.. but when you come back , watch out for the prejudice... just do your best and work hard and things should work out just fine...

lata said:
Went to MUA on Nevis... did that cause i'm an older student (married with kid) and didn't want to retake science courses and MCAT. there were a lot of americans who were EMTs, nurses, Pharmacologists, PAs, etc... at this school.. and a lot of people from middle east, sri lanka and india but living now in Canada or US (most born and brought up in these two western countries)

I do know of 3 students who were from US medical schools. One was because she admittedly fooled around too much and so by the time she regretted and turned around the school told her that she was gone... another couple - don't know their story. some came straight from african countries (got scholarships) and most would go back to europe / africa.

it is beautiful and if you can take advantage of the location - it is worth it. many though have too much fun and later on regret it.. so it's upto you to study hard and enjoy the location :thumbup: i missed my family and felt lonely except for a few friends. if u r single u might have a better social life ;)

I would first recommend that people try in US first before choosing to go to school outside... i wish i had done that first... If you are a diplomat and can ignore rumors and not get run down by the cut throatish people, u r good to go.. .. well... it's really not that bad , just sometimes it feels like it.. i did enjoy the sun and the beach and the eating out. met some incredible people and on the whole i am happy with my experience.. but when you come back , watch out for the prejudice... just do your best and work hard and things should work out just fine...

Thanks for answering! Where you at now, what are your plans from where your at?