Curious WAMC as of now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herknerd

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA: cGPA ~3.02, sGPA ~3.18 (post bacc 4.0 w/ 30 units)
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 510 (126/128/128/128)
  3. State of residence: GA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: AA
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Top 20 private
  6. Clinical experience: full time pediatric and FM med scribe (1+ yr and current), summer + all senior yr women's health center volunteer at my uni
  7. Research experience: none
  8. Shadowing experience: none (unless being scribe counts as shadowing experience as well?)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 2+ yrs Crochet for Cancer, church volunteering opportunities (only summers though)
  10. Other extracurricular activities: president of 2 clubs (one founded with friends), dancer in performance group, section leader of choir, currently play on a women's football league
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Deans and President's list (all post bacc)
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: fluent in french, worked 12 hrs a week during college, worked FT during post bacc, I play a lot of instruments (unsure of relevance lol, but it's sparked up conversations in the past)
Only schools I've looked into so far are Tulane and Mercer. And my alma mater, only because why not. Not sure where to start in full, but I'd like some help on compiling my list or any advice on noticeable holes. Let me know if more info is needed please.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Mercer
Medical College Georgia
Morehouse
Meharry
Howard
UCLA Drew
NOVA MD
George Washington
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
TCU-UNT
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you @Faha I'll look into these schools
Do you have any suggestions for DO schools to add to my list

Members don't see this ad :)
For DO schools you could try these:
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
CCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM

1. cGPA and sGPA: cGPA ~3.02, sGPA ~3.18 (post bacc 4.0 w/ 30 units)
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 510 (126/128/128/128)
  3. State of residence: GA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: AA
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Top 20 private
  6. Clinical experience: full time pediatric and FM med scribe (1+ yr and current), summer + all senior yr women's health center volunteer at my uni
  7. Research experience: none
  8. Shadowing experience: none (unless being scribe counts as shadowing experience as well?)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 2+ yrs Crochet for Cancer, church volunteering opportunities (only summers though)
  10. Other extracurricular activities: president of 2 clubs (one founded with friends), dancer in performance group, section leader of choir, currently play on a women's football league
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Deans and President's list (all post bacc)
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: fluent in french, worked 12 hrs a week during college, worked FT during post bacc, I play a lot of instruments (unsure of relevance lol, but it's sparked up conversations in the past)
Only schools I've looked into so far are Tulane and Mercer. And my alma mater, only because why not. Not sure where to start in full, but I'd like some help on compiling my list or any advice on noticeable holes. Let me know if more info is needed please.

Have you networked with any of the schools that you highly desire to attend? Your question on scribing counting as shadowing or clinical experience is handled differently among medical school admissions committee members (some faculty say yes, some faculty say no). You should ask how successful the medical students with prior scribing experience are in preclinical exercises such as taking H&P or communicating with standardized patients. See if admissions recruiters or student services/diversity officers can connect you with those students to give you their experiences on how valuable the scribing experience was for them. You should especially get connected with AMSA and SNMA chapters at the schools where you want to attend.